One new Belle Klipsch remaining, up for auction tonight

Amy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was the second highest bidder :((

I think there were 2-3 of us bidding until about 2 minutes left. Then the winner sniped with a few seconds left. I guess I should have bid higher; live and learn. If anyone has a walnut Belle for sale, feel free to email/PM me.

No hard feelings. I hope the winner enjoys it as much as I would have. I still have LaScalas as rears for the Khorns and have Academy centers (2). Perhaps my pre Mardi Gras project will be to put 1 of the Academy's on top of the 60" rear proj TV, along with the one that is below. Not sure how I will brace it; over ?20 lbs? With my big TV the sound does not seem to come from the center of the screen. Hopefully with the 2nd Acad on top, things will balance out.

Future projects: fix the HIIs; new crossovers on Khorns/LaScalas-30 yr old AAs; new crossovers on the HIs-30 yrs old and HIIs-20 yrs old. Maybe some, dare I say it, add'l subs.

Happy Holidays everyone :)

I'll fess' up it was me. I have been looking for 1-3 Belles since I scored the cheap ones here in Atlanta. Now to figure out how to raise my 62" DLP above the three. I too was surprised how ehh, cheap it went for. Auction sniper used and always is when I want something, last night the wife was using the computer and I didn't get on until it was over.

Amy, I just found this thread on Thanksgiving, how appropriate! I missed the offers for photos, plaques and such. Signed box would be too cool! I told the wife I won it, well I won the auction, right??? I would really appreciate any thing you could do for me. I have to get to my work email Monday to receive invoice to pay.

Michael Welch

I was the second highest bidder :((

I think there were 2-3 of us bidding until about 2 minutes left. Then the winner sniped with a few seconds left. I guess I should have bid higher; live and learn. If anyone has a walnut Belle for sale, feel free to email/PM me.

No hard feelings. I hope the winner enjoys it as much as I would have. I still have LaScalas as rears for the Khorns and have Academy centers (2). Perhaps my pre Mardi Gras project will be to put 1 of the Academy's on top of the 60" rear proj TV, along with the one that is below. Not sure how I will brace it; over ?20 lbs? With my big TV the sound does not seem to come from the center of the screen. Hopefully with the 2nd Acad on top, things will balance out.

Future projects: fix the HIIs; new crossovers on Khorns/LaScalas-30 yr old AAs; new crossovers on the HIs-30 yrs old and HIIs-20 yrs old. Maybe some, dare I say it, add'l subs.

Happy Holidays everyone :)

I will enjoy it forever, until my 7 year old inherits it anyway.

For a look at an Academy hung see this http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/107279/1082210.aspx#1082210

Perhaps my pre Mardi Gras project will be to put 1 of the Academy's on top of the 60" rear proj TV, along with the one that is below. Not sure how I will brace it; over ?20 lbs? With my big

I've got a 62" Mitsubishi DLP. I've used the Omnimount CCH1 shelf with a KLF-C7. The shelf is very adjustable for use with DLP's with a steep slope to the back panel.

http://www.omnimount.com/consumer/product.aspx?ProductId=ad90ae4a-a012-47db-9bdb-1c3318a4fdf9&CurrentId=8.5.1

USNRET, Michael:

Congrats :)

Thanx for the link for the Acad mount, can you provide more details? At least I know it went to a Heritage fan. (You are almost as bad as Colterphoto...)

Videoguy, thanx for the shelf link. I have a 60" Sony KDSA300 and the top and rear plastic seems, well, flimsy. So I am afraid to do that given the weight of the Academy.

I am thinking of building a shelf around the tv (supports from side fronts and center rear) or even mounting, hanging the Acad from the ceiling.

My main problem is that I cannot mount it from the brick wall behind the TV as there is a 10 foot plus long picture of the French Quarter there. I am afraid to even touch it too hard while dusting, in case the whole 150 yr old wall falls on me (yeah, yeah, yeah - it's Nawlins, not New York, and things go "boom" and "faw down" as 4 yr olds say.)

I am also trying, unsuccessfully, to leave as much of the painting visible as possible. I only have 1 Academy under the TV with a few inches to spare on a shelf above it. The TV as such, about 18" off the floor, aleady cuts off the painting's bottom. Oh well, ......

Micheal, what did you do in the Navy? My brother retired out a few yrs ago after doing 26 yrs; XO, Reagan White House, etc, Captain. Email me. :)

Happy Turkey Day, Gobble, Gobble......

Almost time for Pere Noel on the Bayou.....

It's great to see that the Belle went to someone that was actually looking for one. I was tempted to bid just because it would be nice to have between my JubScalas, but it will look and sound better between a pair of Belles, of course.

Congrats on scoring a great deal! We'll look forward to seeing pictures of the "three sisters" when you get it set up.

USNRET, Michael:

Congrats :)

Thanx for the link for the Acad mount, can you provide more details? At least I know it went to a Heritage fan. (You are almost as bad as Colterphoto...)

Videoguy, thanx for the shelf link. I have a 60" Sony KDSA300 and the top and rear plastic seems, well, flimsy. So I am afraid to do that given the weight of the Academy.

I am thinking of building a shelf around the tv (supports from side fronts and center rear) or even mounting, hanging the Acad from the ceiling.

My main problem is that I cannot mount it from the brick wall behind the TV as there is a 10 foot plus long picture of the French Quarter there. I am afraid to even touch it too hard while dusting, in case the whole 150 yr old wall falls on me (yeah, yeah, yeah - it's Nawlins, not New York, and things go "boom" and "faw down" as 4 yr olds say.)

I am also trying, unsuccessfully, to leave as much of the painting visible as possible. I only have 1 Academy under the TV with a few inches to spare on a shelf above it. The TV as such, about 18" off the floor, aleady cuts off the painting's bottom. Oh well, ......

Micheal, what did you do in the Navy? My brother retired out a few yrs ago after doing 26 yrs; XO, Reagan White House, etc, Captain. Email me. :)

Happy Turkey Day, Gobble, Gobble......

Almost time for Pere Noel on the Bayou.....

Simpe mount. Two "L" shelf brackets to the wall and two hinged boards with friction locks on each side. Some spare hardware from a peg board to keep the speaker from sliding forward.

Navy: Jet engine mech by trade, went from helo door gunner to search and rescue swimmer to anti-submarine warfare P-3 flight engineer. Retired in '96, claim to fame since is to recover the EP-3 'spy plane' from China after it collided with the Chinese fighter, never again. See: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/asia/china/plane/

I now work for Lockheed on the 5th generation fighter as propulsion and utility systems engineer.

Ok had to bump this up to say this baby is crossing Alabama into Georgia as we speak and should have it Thursday/Friday. Amy tried hard to get me some sigs and such on the box but the timing was just wrong. Holidays, payment receipt, etc jsut didn't work out. Who can blame any company that ships immediately when they get paid, not me. Thanks for the ol' college try Amy. Have to take a day off to receive so I may be able to get some photos, kinda neat as I have several pairs of Klipsch but always the new ones were bought in some far away place (Iceland, Phillipines, Germany come to mind) and while nice just didn't have this feel!

• Moderators

Congratulations...

with all due respect

just to stir things up ( and follow the rules)... shouldn't this have been posted in the garage sale forum

Devil

I concur.... we should ban Amy..... Indifferent

Hey, I posted an ebay alert in the garage sale section before, and you guys wanted to ban me because I was a dealer advertising in that section... And now you want to ban me from the regular forum for NOT using the garage sale section?

I can't win! I know, I just won't tell anyone next time.

[;)]

Hey, I posted an ebay alert in the garage sale section before, and you guys wanted to ban me because I was a dealer advertising in that section... And now you want to ban me from the regular forum for NOT using the garage sale section?

And your problem is?

Maybe we should ban you because your a girl!!

[Y]

I concur.... we should ban Amy..... Indifferent

Coytee ... lemme see ... did you used to be blonde and it soaked in? (like a dumb blonde moment only worse - happens to me all the time) Wouldn't it be better to pick fights with someone other than the Forum Administrator [:|]

Technically, I'm not sure Amy / Klipsch is a dealer, they are the company, more of a direct sales sort of thing and it's their forum so the rules don't really apply to Amy / Klipsch.

Anyway, as the last known brand new factory sealed Belle Klipsch was up for auction, it's inclusion in two channel can be viewed more as an historic event. Everybody loves Belles and yet it sold for under a grand? I'd have thought it would've went for more. Not a demo even, but brand new in the box.

Can't wait to see pictures as Belles are very nice looking....