OT: Police dash cam captures meteor descent in Canada

Daddy Dee

A friend and I were driving home after seeing a band play late one night. We were crossing the Main St bridge when we saw what looked like a meteor streakng across the sky. It was stunning and huge. You could see sparks flying off. We refer to it as that fireball. It looked like sparks off one of those early scifi movie rockets. It seemed so close and low in the sky. The memory is etched in my mind. I've never seen anything like it before.

A friend and I were driving home after seeing a band play late one night. We were crossing the Main St bridge when we saw what looked like a meteor streakng across the sky. It was stunning and huge. You could see sparks flying off. We refer to it as that fireball. It looked like sparks off one of those early scifi movie rockets. It seemed so close and low in the sky. The memory is etched in my mind. I've never seen anything like it before.

Iain, that is cool. really cool. Memories of such are interesting. I haven't seen one as magnificent as that, but do remember watching the sky one night in north Arkansas. Some years ago I saw a pair of meteors streak across the sky, like they were flying in formation, one just after and to the side of the other. Just fast, straight and bright.

Iain, that is cool. really cool. Memories of such are interesting. I haven't seen one as magnificent as that, but do remember watching the sky one night in north Arkansas. Some years ago I saw a pair of meteors streak across the sky, like they were flying in formation, one just after and to the side of the other. Just fast, straight and bright.

Gotta love celestial events. Was that during a meteor shower?

When we saw the fireball we were listening to Art Bell on the radio. I mean what are the odds.

When we saw the fireball we were listening to Art Bell on the radio. I mean what are the odds.

Indeed. The odds are a way long shot just to see the thing in real time. Add Art Bell to the consideration.... well, all I can say Iain, you definitely need to play the Arkansas Lottery when it starts up.

Yes, the ones I saw were in the midst of a meteor shower in October maybe 15 years ago. I didn't see all that many when I was watching, but those two were particularly impressive.

Indeed. The odds are a way long shot just to see the thing in real time. Add Art Bell to the consideration.... well, all I can say Iain, you definitely need to play the Arkansas Lottery when it starts up.

Yes, the ones I saw were in the midst of a meteor shower in October maybe 15 years ago. I didn't see all that many when I was watching, but those two were particularly impressive.

I listened to him every night back then. He did not help my insomnia. Sure wish I could remember who he was interviewing that night. I never win anything lol but I'll try.