• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Cute visitors this week. Momma brought out her babies.
    • ehhh strange mood today, must be the weather So... not what I usually go to, but then I have to wonder why? Good stuff  
    • Yes the CD released in 98.. and reissued in vinyl 2022
    • Hehe, was confused at first:" Eh? This is vinyl...". Hackett, yes. Got two of his earlier LPs and one recent concert on CD.
    • My father is an intrepid traveler... He's probably been to 5 of the 7 continents... some of them multiple times.  He is also currently 94 years old....     Talked to him this morning and he asked if I'd consider (evidently driving) with him to see this Bay of Fundy.  He's evidently enamored with the fact that the tide is extreme here and can go from full pool to an exposed mud bottom with each high/low tide.   Implicit in his comment is....  I drive 7'ish hours from Knoxville to pick him up in Beaufort, Georgia.....and we hit the road from there.  Although we've done things similar to this before, that entire trip might have been 6-8 hours....  not 7 hours of driving just to get started.  Frankly, I don't have a huge desire to do this BUT, I am keenly aware that one has to do things like this as this is how you keep building memories and at 94 years old.....  not many trips left in him (even if this one).   Weighing the idea of maybe flying there and renting a car up there.  Certainly more time efficient than driving up (and back) the entire eastern coast BUT, this might be part of what he wants to do.   Interesting to me that his wife doesn't seem to be mentioned in this trip.....  but, I digress.   Anyone know anything about this bay and/or surrounding areas to know if there are certain destinations that might be worthy of seeing while there.  I saw some pictures of St. Johns and frankly, it looks like a charming town.   Part of me can't wait to do a trip like this.......  part of me is mortified by doing a trip like this.     He's liable to pull anything out of his hat.....  example, 1994, I spent a near month in Europe.  He called me prior to me leaving and said he was interested in taking a trip somewhere.....  would I be up to leaving a week early, fly to Tel Aviv and spend a week in Israel with him?  Two years prior, I was in college, planning a trip for spring break.  My room mate, several buddies were all going to go down to West Palm Beach for spring break (my room mate had a sister who lived there.....  she & I had dated for four years and were still close so I was all about making this trip)  Literally, five DAYS before leaving, Dad calls and says "I've got two tickets for us to go to Lima, Peru.....  how's your passport???   (passport had expired and this was on Monday, leaving Saturday.  I put out a herculean effort to get different parts working and Friday night, the daughter of one of my dad's friends, lived in Washington DC and was willing to pick my passport up, and hand deliver it to the Dayton (OH) airport, if I could meet her there.  Drove there on Friday night, got passport, next morning, back to Cincinnati Airport and flew off to Peru....)   and now this...     I have a picture of us swimming / floating in the Dead Sea......  can maybe add to it with swimming/floating in the Bay of Fundy...
    • https://www.rollingstone.fr/the-warning-nouveau-single-incandescent/   I don't know if Rolling Stone US also does articles on this band?    
    • I know a guy who'll spin it for ya. 
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Francisco Cruz