• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Summer purge!   All drivers are in perfect condition.  Grill is in perfect condition.  Cabinet is a 9/10.   Asking $ 60 for forum members (Listed $100 locally) Located 60511 far western burb of Chicago right off of I-88        
    • Ya crazy?  MAKE room cause those are cookers!  IF ya have to replace crossovers this gang in here can and will help ya out.  I'd say 1800 -2500 but IF you off 'em you're gonna kick yourself for the rest of your life.  Life ain't about the money and IF you look at the big picture you've got a killer pair of speakers.  Eh, what do I know I'm OLD!  Go ahead and turn 'em but you got 'em free for a reason from another crazy man.  I'm good.  😂  
    • Tons of info available online about this wonderful DAC. Rave reviews and all that stuff just look around if you need to. Right now it is in my equipment rack. I'll take it out if you need more pix, but it went from the shipping box to where it sits now.   Local pickup for now in the Baltimore, MD area. its a beast at over 40 pounds. Willing to drive a bit to meet you depending how easy you make the transaction. If you are truly serious you are welcome to demo it in my space.   I have all the original boxes/packing/paperwork   PM with any questions you might have.   Anything you see in the pictures are glare, dust or fingerprints. My room has no windows and is painted black so hard to photograph. Took some with and without the lights on. It has a FPGA processor so easy to keep it updated. It is my understanding that nothing has changed except the firmware in the past several years. From memory this is a 2021 or 2022, but same model you can buy today for over $7K.   $4,750 cash on pickup or Zelle or Venmo or PP Friends and Family. If  you really must have it shipped we can work something out. Send me a label, arrange for shipping, have a friend pick it up. I'll drop it off at your preferred shipper but the details are on you.   Thanks for looking!                    
    • @AndreG. yea. I think ur gonna make it!  😂  
    • I tried a bit with the AA today. Because I have completely original AA on my 1973 KH, which is new to me. I originally wanted to test whether the caps from 1973 were still usable. In any case, they sound very good. They are dry as a first good sign, I still have to measure them for ESR and capacitance. I have installed my other AA for comparison, with new polyester caps but also with original T2A autoformers etc. Now my point. This AA has non magnetic screws in the small tweeter 18dB slope coil. It sounded a bit peaky and the fried bacon area of the K77 is very prominent. I then screwed the magnetic screws from the original KH AA into the tweeter coil of the polyester cap AA. It is not a small difference, but a clear one. No matter what is "right", it sounds a little less bright but so much more homogeneous, the mids and highs come like from a single source, it's very musical, a big difference. A good friend has the following idea on the subject: Perhaps it was "electrically" "correctly" calculated that this coil should have 0.25 mh. But the magnetic screws were already in there, and maybe even then when the voicing of the KH was done? I like the sound with the magnetic screws much more, and over 10 years in the seventies all people got this sound and always liked it.
    • So it just takes pizza to get your rear in here?  Remember one thing my friend.  You're runnin with the red-headed step brothers in here.  Ain't NO one  on this Forum likes us cause we just roll with it.  Blah!  Another day spinnin and it won't EVAH stop!  We DO accept Canadians too.  Stick around we got your back brother!  Eh?  😂  💪
    • The HiFi scene in Reno still in development. Given that there are couple of upscale HiFi stores which might have an interest.   You also might check out HiFi on Facebook   If I did not already have mine I would be a Buyer   Good Luck    
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Jim F