LP Liners

thewolf

Where can I buy inexpensive, but good record liners for the inner sleeve?

Thanks,

Gary

Inexpensive and good is possible. Inexpensive and great is not.

http://www.sleevetown.com/lp-sleeves-inner.shtml

The rounded bottom sleeve is good. but a little difficult to work with in that you usually have to remove the sleeve put the record in it and then put in teh sleeve.

The Mobiel fidelity and the disc keeper ultimate are the best. They have a piece of rice paper sanwiched in the plastic liner that keeps the liner flat. Premium product.

I won't use anything but the Mobile Fidelity rice sleeves for my good LPs. Its worth the extra expense.

Can you tell us why you won't use anything but MF rice sleeves? Did you have a bad experience with some other sleeves?

Rice sleeves eliminate any possibility of paper scuffs. Even if paper scuffs don't affect play, they still are visible and can decrease the value of an LP. Some other sleeves work OK but the MFSL's are the nicest IMO and don't cost that much more than the next best. Some that are lined with a rice sleeve inner can still cause scuffs if you aren't careful. The rice sleeves are also anti-static, but that probably wouldn't sway me one way or the other.

Guest David H

I agree MFSL sleeves are inexpensive and quality. Other sleeves may be of equal quality and cheaper, but why take the risk when 50 sleeves are $20.

When I open a new lp it gets cleaned and goes in a MoFi sleeve. The old contaminated sleeve either goes in the trash or is save for my buddy who is too cheap to pay for sleeves.

This may be a little anal, but its the way my father did it and 40 years later his lp's are still pristine.

• Moderators

I'm glad you posted on this because I have been meaning to mention an alternative place to get sleeves then the typical outlets. You can give

www.squaredealonline.com

a try for record supplies. The other two main ones I think have been mentioned, sleevetown and bags unlimited I have found squaredeal has the best prices on outer sleeves if they have what you are looking for. They carry the rice paper inner sleeves, but I don't believe they carry the MFSL brand. I agree that the MFSL is the best quality and is what I use. If you have a number of records you can get the price down if you buy them in bulk. The last time I got them I got a case of 1000 and it cut the cost by more then half.

Travis

I will buy the Sleeve City or Mobiel Fidelity liners next time, they are worth it.  I bought the other liners in bulk (I think 200) and need to use them up, I am only half way through. 

I bought about 200 of the cheeper rice liners, they're ok and I use those for my garage sale specials that don't clean up as good as I wished....but for anything rated ex and up I only use the MOFI's.......

• Moderators

Are they 50 for $20? I'll go for 100. Or 200 if needed to swing the deal.

They are $20 for $50, or $15 for 50 if you buy 500 (10 packs of 50) from Music Direct (they own MFSL). I called them direct the last time I ordered and asked for a quote for 1000 and they came in one large box in bulk for an even better price.

Travis

They are $20 for $50, or $15 for 50 if you buy 500 (10 packs of 50) from Music Direct (they own MFSL). I called them direct the last time I ordered and asked for a quote for 1000 and they came in one large box in bulk for an even better price.

I'm still in as stipulated.

I'd be interested to know the cost if we get 1000+ sleeves. Someone would have to divvy them up and ship (might be a bit of a hassle for a few bucks per pack). As a comparison, I just checked out Sleeve City. They're offering a "e-coupon" for 20% off the entire order. Enter HOLIDAY20 at the checkout. Their regular price for 100 sleeves is $36.95, and at 20% off, it's down to $29.56. Then figure shipping.