extra dtv cupon?

iwillwalk

No, but remember that the converter is digital only and not High Def. so if you want high def you have to by a new HDTV anyway and it already has the tuner which is far superior to the separate units, at least that's been my experience with the older units.

JJK

Yep... Obama was/is looking to extend this for a while until the economy picks up.

Yea well maybe if he was that worried about the economy he should have held off on having a new "presidential limo" being built or god forbid scale back the inauguration party. I can only imagine how much that has/will set us back.

Yep... Obama was/is looking to extend this for a while until the economy picks up.

Yea well maybe if he was that worried about the economy he should have held off on having a new "presidential limo" being built or god forbid scale back the inauguration party. I can only imagine how much that has/will set us back.

It isn't an inaugruation, it is a CORINATION

• 2 weeks later...

My 2 coupons expired before I could find any of the units in stock. I was in the first group that received the coupons last winter (signed up 1/1/08), but every time I went to Walmart or RS, I was told that the units were sold out, and you essentally needed to be at the store when a shipment came in to get one.

I just can't believe that today there are that many people, as claimed by the politicos, that a) use an antenna exclusively and B) have a TV that the tuner is not digital. I use an OTA but as backup for the DTV and less compression but we are talking HD now not SD OTA reception. The numbers just seem too high for me to believe.

I grew up on a ranch in Texas where we were so far away that if we had OWNED a TV we couldn't receive it so I have been there. If someone has an analog tuner and OTA they should be praising someone that both have actually lasted this long. HUMMM, $40 coupon towards a $50 dollar STB or very slightly more new TV with digital tuner? You ain't watching OTA with an analog tuner on a TV worth several hundred right now.

OR possibly I don't have a clue.

I just can't believe that today there are that many people, as claimed by the politicos, that a) use an antenna exclusively and B) have a TV that the tuner is not digital. I use an OTA but as backup for the DTV and less compression but we are talking HD now not SD OTA reception. The numbers just seem too high for me to believe.

I grew up on a ranch in Texas where we were so far away that if we had OWNED a TV we couldn't receive it so I have been there. If someone has an analog tuner and OTA they should be praising someone that both have actually lasted this long. HUMMM, $40 coupon towards a $50 dollar STB or very slightly more new TV with digital tuner? You ain't watching OTA with an analog tuner on a TV worth several hundred right now.

OR possibly I don't have a clue.

Hard to get cable on a boat in the middle of the lake. Need OTA, and I don't really want to replace my perfectly good analog TV, so a converter is needed.

Hard to get cable on a boat in the middle of the lake. Need OTA, and I don't really want to replace my perfectly good analog TV, so a converter is needed

Seadog, you're saying that the analog TV that you have does not have a digital tuner? Perhaps I am mistaken but I thought the only analog tuners were the ones with a twist dial, you know clunk, clunk, clunk as you turn them.

Hard to get cable on a boat in the middle of the lake. Need OTA, and I don't really want to replace my perfectly good analog TV, so a converter is needed

Seadog, you're saying that the analog TV that you have does not have a digital tuner? Perhaps I am mistaken but I thought the only analog tuners were the ones with a twist dial, you know clunk, clunk, clunk as you turn them.

It has an electronic television tuning system with remote control, etc, (not a twist, clunk 1960's TV), but it is compatible with analog broadcast signals only, not the digital televison signals. Thus the need for the converter box for OTA digital broadcast signals.

It has an electronic television tuning system with remote control, etc, (not a twist, clunk 1960's TV), but it is compatible with analog broadcast signals only, not the digital televison signals. Thus the need for the converter box for OTA digital broadcast signals.

I stand corrected.....as usual.