Off the deep end- Heritage HT system

winchester21

You guys are killing me-another victory- I seaked in a bascially new c34v preamp that I bought for a cheap song this evening. Undetected!!

miss winchester is getting used to the loud music at late hours and hopefully has thrown the towell. I use the argument/response that I learned from my brothers in arms on this forum when confronted by a new aqusition-"Next time i will just spend 300.00 at the titty bar like the rest of the male populastion in this town" This seems to work well for now. Of course this only works just so many times when confronted with new 4 figure toys such as speakers.

She is only a crack shot when she has the combination to my gun safe- NOT!!!!!!!!

Trust me I will have earplugs handy before any Jubilees are cranked up. Kinda like the sirens in some stupid high school mythology lesson that I slept through- i sure as ---- ain't going there. I am done after this..... really.... I am.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am done after this..... really.... I am

You can never count on the voices to stop, they will return, oh yes they will return. [6]

BTW I am going today to look at the same McIntosh setup, C28 and MC2105. A local guy and a great price, I hope everything is as he said it was on the phone.

James

Hello everyone, my name is Roger and I.... I am a Klipschaholic.

It all started when I was a Freshman in highschool and I listened to my first pair of Cornerhorns.

It soon led to my purchasing Klipsch for my own use, and it wasn't long before I was listening all by myself.

After many years of hard core Klipsch listening, it led to me going to chat rooms where I met shady characters like Cholter, Indy, & Thebes!!

It was all down hill from there.

I can no longer get a propper fix off of Heritage, it has led to TSCMs and other Pro Gear.

I.....I am a Klipchaholic

Roger

I run two all Heritge 5.1 systems. One is an all Cornwall setup with a vertical Cornwall as the center channel and the other one is an all Heresy system. The Cornwall system also doubles as a fairly decent 2 channel setup. This diagram is a bit outdated (5 years old!) but it shows you how I managed to get it all hooked up.

Amphookup3.jpgAmphookup3.jpg

Both systems use SVS Woofers for the bottom end. I love em both. I say go for it!

Laters,

Jeff

nice setup EQ- sweet

Roger

Did you ever cheat or steal to pay for these? or lie about how much you paid? I thought so. At least you admit your problem. 1st step to recovery(listening to BOSE) . This terrible thing is a gateway drug to worse problems- like Krell-Naim-Peach-Rotel and even the worst of all - the dreaded MCINTOSH!!!!! Get professional help at once before you get any worse.You are a sick man.You can't beat this alone.

Me - I'm not hooked- I can quit anytime- I am like the guy who has one beer after work- no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

GOT THE STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!- Hooked 2 K horns up as fronts/2ch-MAC2105-2 ch- Carver 250 WPC-A753- front/ center amp- mover my Cornwalls to surround duty powered by HK 870- lascallas for rears powered by B&K 4420. center is an RC64 powered also bythe 3 ch carver 250 WPC.

The system is freaking awesome. The 3 of us who installed the setup just sat there with our mouths hanging open when we fired up the k horns. The room is fairly small for thie setup 14 x 25- 9 ft ceiling- The system is like an ocean of sound. I noticed more sounds/ 5/ 7 channel material from the surrounds/rears- I guess due to the fact that these heritage are so efficent. This setup will require some tweaking/ and amp matching. The RC 64 will go when I find a heritage center- leaning toward another lascalla.

One important observation- just opinion of course- Cornwalls blended in to a reference/ heritage combination workmuch better than k horns or Lascallas. You can IMHO get away with mixing an RC 64 and other reference stuff with Cornwalls- not ideal but dooable. Don't even think about trying to do it with any of the K horns- belles- or lascallas. horns ard different and itis (not bad) but noticable.

I still like the reference stuff and it absoultely kills everything in its price/size class. I wish i had cash /space in another room to play with a 7 series HT setup just for grins. The heritage line is a totally different animal. If you decide to go the heritage route - plan to spend money-move stuff around- deal with the wife.

Welcome to the world of the finest HT reproduction possible. I had 4 Klipschorn's, a La Scala and Belle's all running together with a pair of Velodyne 15" Servo Subwoofers and all the local theaters didn't even come close to it's performance. The more volume you put to it the more realistic it got.

Had a pair of uber rare DBX BX-1 2,3,4 Channel Amplifiers running in 4 channel mode but bought a new Sherbourn 7/2100A 7 channel true mono block amp to replace them a couple of years ago.

I have had to downsize it some but I think I have tried all the Heritage combinations at one point. Even 4 Klipschorn's and a pair of Speakerlab K's (Klipschorn clones) 6 Klipschorn's in the same room was insane.

Best of all enjoy!

• Moderators

The MADNESS continues- Bought a RSW 15 sub off the garage today. I am sick. help me.

Nope can't do that, you will run out of either space or money, or like Groomlake says, get a frying pan across the head ! Like Coytee said your asking the wrong people, every one here has something they would like to buy or change out. [;)]

I think I read about that, it was at half the price of new. [Y]

Hey didn't you know our Nick name here on the the form?

We are the Enablers...............[H] (Think we are the Champions by Queen, song)

Coming to this form, is almost like passing by the Chocolate Candy Window on a Warm summers day............smelling the sweet treats just awaiting you...........Thru that door.............can you resist........................I think the Devil has you.................[6]

I've been advised that I am the only person on the forum running an all current series Heritage HT - 2 x Cornwall III + 3 Heresy III.

All I can really say is that it sounds great and whilst I might have an itch to go Jubilee/Khorn/LSII, I have no craving or need to. Hence, if you are looking for a small island of tranquility before the 'bigger and better' bug really hits you I think following my footsteps may be prudent.

• Moderators

You are probably right, Congratulations on the new Heritage. [Y]

Laager how does that Heresy lll hold up as a center for the Cornwall lll's ? I know the two horns are the same but does the sound really match like you would think they should ?