cornwall or heresy

big_shooter

Here ia a link to the cornwalls I'm considering. The seller mentions some "modifications" that were done. I'd appreciate your input on what you think.

thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-Cornwall-II-Heritage-Loudspeakers-Upgraded-Pair_W0QQitemZ160313711323QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Electronics_R2?hash=item160313711323&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

JB shall be cast in the Gorge of Eternal Peril!

Buy the Cornwalls and never look back.

I'm happy to see the changed parts referred to as 'modifications'. I hesitate to use the term 'upgrade' automatically. That is for the end user to decide. That being said, you usually can't go wrong with Mr. Crites' craftsmanship.

Michael

" Is that extra $200 worth it? "

Yes

Keep in mind that the "extra $200" is more like an extra over a grand at today's new speaker prices, compared to what you are paying for the "previously owned" ones. The extra cost may just be in the cabinet veneer quality differences...which I can't tell from the info given. Either way, and extra 200 bucks for Cornwalls, all other things being equal, is a pittance for the difference in what you will hear.

I have both and chose the Cornwalls, they go lower and fill the room. With tubes and female jazz, the Cornwalls are heavenly. If I had the right sized room K-horms would blow my Cornwalls away, but with a room not designed for K-horms, the Cornwalls sound very good.

The Heresies are a good speaker, but they do have their limitations. It depends on whether you can accomodate the footprint of the Cornwall or not? If you can, then get the Cornwalls.

Well since the auction is now over I hope you are the one the won these Cornwalls. If so Congrats... [Y]

Sorry about that I guess I should have see the entire auction as the resurve was not met...

Plus the difference of the $200 is just about the price for the Bob C. mod, so I would say that is a good deal.

Enjoy

James