Listening...(finally!)

luckyduck

A very simple system right now, thank goodness for DC101, 98Rock and a few classic rock stations. It's going to take a few years for me to put everything together, but the bottom line is...these speakers are outstanding! I'm super excited about owning them and being a part of the Klipsch family. My receiver is a Pioneer VSX-517, which I bought brand new, and even though it's an entry level receiver, the sound is full and rich. CSN's "Wooden Ships" and the Stones "Street Fighting Man" were a few highlights of my day. It's like I've never really heard these songs before. I've noticed that even at higher volumes the music does not come across as blaring. It has volume but it's majestic.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is a great web site, I learn something here every day.

A very simple system right now

Hey, simple is good! I'd just be looking to add either a CD player and/or a network music player (Squeezebox!!).

I've noticed that even at higher volumes the music does not come across as blaring. It has volume but it's majestic.

High sensitivity returns low distortion and outstanding dynamics! Otherwise known as klipschsound.[:)]

Your room looks like the kind of room in which your significant other may limit your freedom to experiment with speaker placement. But, perchance the good lady of the house allows, getting the speakers a bit further apart may improve the sound.

A very simple system right now, thank goodness for DC101, 98Rock and a few classic rock stations.

DC101 and 98Rock?? You are obviously in the Washington, D.C/Baltimore area as those are the same stations that I've often listened to (as well as 102.1 out of Richmond - at least until Clear Channel ruined it). Unfortunatly, cannot seem to get 98Rock real well in Fredericksburg. As of late, had not really listened to much radio, since I've pretty much listen to everything either through my music server or via CDs (in addition to the dedicated iPod hookup in my car).

Anyway, nice little setup you got there. Getting a decent CD player and a Sqeezebox would be really nice additions. Plus, I think your setup looks good in that room.

If you can get it, try WRNR in Md. 103.something. I slouch them off the innernets since I am so far away. If you were aorund DC in the late 70's and early 80s you may remember the original HFS in Bethesda and not the crap which it morphed into after Jake Einstein sold it. Excellent tunes. Outside of a college town, I have yet to hear an FM station which stayed so far away from playlists and payola.

Enjoy the speaks. Simplicity is pretty cool too.

And so it begins. Black Fort'es were my first Klipsch speakers, I still have them as mains in my HT, where they are doing a fantastic job. You need to get that cab out of the corner so you can move your speaker there, give them room behind them and play with placement and they will reward you with awesome sound. Welcome to the Klipsch family, the sickness only gets worse from here!