Amos Cornscalla

amos

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All done!

Thanks for all the comments. It's nice to have this community that can appreciate what these are capable of. Good sound! All I get from people in my area that have seen them is concern over the volume. I guess big equals loud.

post-30221-13819455095792_thumb.jpg

that HF section is sooo cool, it looks like waves of sound emanating from the tweeter! Tres Artsy!

May I dub these the MOMA (Museum of Modern Art) Cornscalas?

Michael

I like it, or maybe MOMAC's. It's easier for me to spell than Cornscallla's

Can you show a picture of the grill construction? I've always wondered about curving cloth like that and how much of a structure it would take to keep it even looking.

Greg

I picked up some wire mesh at the local farm store. 1/2 squares and 0.040 wire dia. Cut to size and sanded all the sharp points where I had cut. Painted it black. Layed the piece FLAT on the fabric and folded the edges over. Had a friend run it through her sewing machine. Since the fabric was attached when the wire was flat, when you bend it the fabric pulls tight. I did not put a permanent bend in the wire, it holds a nice even curve just being held at the edges.

I love those Koa Khorn's.

Amos

post-30221-13819455177812_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...