I PASSED MY STRESS TEST!

EM3

I passed my stress test with flying colors. I didn't even know I was going to have one last night but I did. You see for the past few days one of our cats has been acting stranger than usual. Last night she had her head in between the dogs basket of chew toys and a bookcase. I finally went over to see what she was doing. When I started moving stuff I didn't pay much attention. Well I bent down and I tought I felt something in my pants leg. I keep moving stuff where the cat was and I notice she is just sitting there looking at me with a WTF look on her face. Then I feel it move. Holy crap there is something up my pants leg. I take my cowboy boots off in record time as well as my pants and clinging on for dear life on the inside of my pants leg is a mouse. Finally it starts to run and the stupid cat sets there watching it. The mouse stops and the cat walks over and just sniffs it. Finally after getting dressed and getting my boots back on I corner the little (SOB mouse) and kick him in the head evilgrin.gif

Great story!

I keep moving stuff where the cat was and I notice she is just sitting there looking at me with a WTF look on her face.

The cat was probably thinking, "Is that a mouse in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?"

Funny story!

Just be glad the cat didn't decided to attack the mouse while in your pants. There could have been room for error in the cats discretional use of its claws, iffen ya know what I mean... [:$] [:#]

Of course, I'm not comparing you to a mouse or anything.... [^o)]

Poor little mouse! Now it's time to check the outside of your house and try to figure how it got in. My last house, many years ago, came with mice included at no extra charge and it took me a while to trap them all. I used the big glue traps (rat-size, not mouse-size) and when I released one of the mice in the back yard (you just pull him off the glue by his tail), he dashed back into the house through a little hole beside the door. If I hadn't released him, I'd never have seen how they were getting in.

The hole in the brick wall was less than an inch in diameter and I'd never noticed it before. The next thing I did was grab a pot of roofing tar and plug every hole in the wall up to window level, no matter how small. It still took a few weeks to get rid of all the mice, but then I was sure that they weren't getting back in. It was gross having mice in the house, but there was some slight satisfaction in tracking and blocking their routes in the house and finally being sure they were all gone.

The cat did deal with a few, but he'd sometimes eat only half the mouse, so when we heard one squeaking in the trap in the middle of the night, I'd try to get there before the cat, so I'd be getting rid of a whole mouse, not part of a mouse, which is a lot more gross.

• Moderators

Thats funny.

If they are in the house already they do sell those little plastic "somewhat humane" live traps.

I used one a few years ago and the reason I said somewhat was once the mouse was in there you would have to pick it up to release it outside, the trap was clear plastic and when you picked it up the mouse goes nuts and is not happy about being moved and kind of panics and almost dies of stress.

And having a mouse brain it probably comes right back in the house so the both of you can continue the never ending game .

On a related front, has anyone tried any of those electronic mouse repellant devices?

In case the mouse is in your leg, make sure you investigate the 110 volt variety, the 220 volt version can lead to premature termination