• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous

yeah real early there...

I think the real picture is when the wife see's how big they are. i need a couple weeks to get the cash togethor and then i am going to place the order.

Come on Big money, no wammies....

Found it!

http://myjubs.com/'>

He does say that it sounded great! Just shows you how much I know Big Smile

Roy once indicated that the Khorn bottom could be PEQ'd to 500 Hz. with no problem, to mate with a K402/K69 at 500 Hz. Active would be a must, just like with a Jubilee bottom. It's easy enough to try with a Behringer DCX 2496 and some T-amps.

• Moderators

[8]

So what's your total signal path gonna look like?

+ ______________________________________________

[8][8][8][8] [8][8][8][8][8] [:P]

- _______________________________________________

sorry couldn't help it

Guest Anonymous

This JubLSI has a passive network from a Delgado/Crites design. I am using it as a center channel with Jubilees. Sounds good. Steve

Did they make it for you or just provide the schematic?

My XTI2000 fans have never come on in my home setting (ok in all 10 hours I've used them here), but the digital noise is UNLISTENABLE. Until I can find a good deal on DX38, these Jubilees will continue to be dusted every couple of months and never play music. I find the amount of hiss and noise completely unusable in a home setting.

How do you guys do it? I know my home has a very low noise floor.

Steve, your LSI/Jube split looks great, I take it the top is your build, or is it a modified standard LSI top (looks taller, maybe its the photo). Is that Klipsch's 510 horn in there or something else you found with 2" throat? If I ever get my theater system up, I'd like to use a similar technique. So that system is passive and the main Jubilees are active crossover?

M

I find the amount of hiss and noise completely unusable in a home setting. How do you guys do it?

You might consider backing off your listening position another 20 feet... [:D]

I recommend snagging a Dx38 off of craigslist or Ebay for less than $500...if you can find one and can round up the bucks. You could find something to sell in order to cover the cost: you won't be disappointed.

I use my XTi-1000s for subwoofer duty now. They do a good job--complete with EQ and steep crossover filters.

Chris

Why don't you just go ahead and build some passives?

Good idea, but he'll need the EQ that goes with those passives - and that isn't inexpensive (i.e., constant coverage horns have to be EQed). Additionally, he'll need delay correction - and doing that passively probably isn't easy either.

Chris

Michael, I've got an extra Dx38 laying about right now. I'd be happy to send it to you if you'd like to experiment with it and verify that one would meet your needs.

What a guy!!!!

Richard, you're a gent...

Chris

I don't think a DX38 is going to do much good unless he gets it modified.

Dean, Are you basing that on first-hand experience? I don't hear anything out of my Dx38 in terms of noise.

I don't think a DX38 is going to do much good unless he gets it modified

Welllllllll, I got one of them too!

I've got two Dx's. One is totally stock. Other one had Mike (DocWho) go through it and do some kind of resistor swap to lower something or another. I'll have to let him give the details.

I don't know how many have done this. I could send the stock unit or the -6db unit

[Y]