jwc

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

You guys are funny, 1000 wpc, better keep Ib away from them knobs ! Stick out tongue

Elden,

It was the B-day boy that ran them up. I am getting old I guess.

Wow I guess under that Conservative looking outside there is a wild man, not really surprised, you have to watch the quiet ones. [H]

• Moderators

Happy Birthday JC! Glad to see you all had a great time. What better way to celebrate your birthday than with Terry and Mark...two really cool guys!

It was great seeing you guys last weekend. I didn't forget about your birthday I just didn't want to announce you were now FORTY YEARS OLD![;)]

[^] [<:o)] [8]

• Moderators

OK that's kind of what I thought a seafood boil, but most websites do not tell you all the ingredients normally used, kind of a cross between a northern boil/steam with no seasoning [+o(] and a coonass boil with everything but the kitchen sink. [;)]

• Moderators

a coonass boil with everything but the kitchen sink

Just substitute sausage for coonass and you have Low Country Boil .

[:o] Now that's funny

It's the coonasses doing the boiling not really boiling real coonasses [+o(] [:|] [;)]

JC's wife didn't catch me going down the slide, but she wouldn't let me ride the the motorized John Deere tractor or jeep.

I'm going to keep cool for now because I know Terry has a few more pix that I really do not want to have to explain.

a coonass boil with everything but the kitchen sink

Just substitute sausage for coonass and you have Low Country Boil .

Surprise Now that's funny

It's the coonasses doing the boiling not really boiling real coonasses Ick!IndifferentWink

Ah hell whats wrong with a little Long Pig every know and again [6] [6]

JC's wife didn't catch me going down the slide, but she wouldn't let me ride the the motorized John Deere tractor or jeep. Beer

I'm going to keep cool for now because I know Terry has a few more pix that I really do not want to have to explain.

Excellent.....

Wait!

Hold on just a minute!

He has pics of me I wouldn't want on the net either.... It seems he is slowly building a stockpile of blackmale photos.

To be serious........JWC has a couple of super cute, very smart kids, and one heck of a great wife. We all had a lot of fun spending time together, relaxing, cutting up, etc. I had a great weekend and enjoyed seeing Terry as well. He came early and spent a day and night in Athens with Kim and I. We went out and saw some live music and enjoyed a little night life, as well as exercise my system a little. Just a fine weekend with some great folks. It really didn't occur to me that JWC really turned 40. He's a timeless kinda guy.

I loved his stone faced reaction when he walked into the examing room and Wendy, Terry, and I were all in there. That was one cool look. [:D]

I can tell you that we were listening to JC's excellent MDA-1000 DAC prior. That is one tough unit to trump. I think you may have heard it. It has incredible specs. The new MCD500 does not have the oversampling spec of the MDA-1000 but it has several years newer electronics, DACs, and software. I believe that made all the difference in the world.

When we first listened to it it was late in the evening and we had "been at it" all evening long. My ears were primed so to speak. It sounded very good but just a hair edgey to me compared to the MDA-1000.........like a brand new electronic componet. The two units sounded very close to one another.

JC let the unit run all night so it had been running for 24 hours straight when we listened ot it the next night. We listened to it all night long on Saturday night and either the unit or my ears opened up. It sounded smoother and seemed to have slightly more bloom than the MDA-1000. We listened to all sorts of genres and all sounded excellent. The MCD500 is an EXCELLENT unit.

If the thing had just 1 analog input I could run my whole system with it and ditch my preamp. Not that I could afford it........but McIntosh is very sharp with their marketing and knows not to completely canablize their preamp line. Units like the MDA-1000 and MCD500 are there for the pure digital crowd and have everything you need........including the CD transport now in the MCD500

It was a huge treat to hear JC's system for as long as we did and hear so many different kinds of music. We even watched the fights (TV) through it and the system does everything as you would expect for what it is. With the addition of the McINtosh speakers JC has, you can just feel the system synergy. Everything is a perfect match and the performance is awesome. We had the system up over 1000 watts a couple of times. I can't describe that. You had to be there. Most of the time I thought 120 watts was just perfect...........and you can barely hear anthing decent out of it unless you have at least 12 watts. Very different than Klipsch. If I turn my MC252 up past 2.5 watts it will drive you out of the room. It's too loud. A couple of times Terry and I had it up to 25 watts. That was ridiculous.