mad as heck - What's the deal Klipsch? :(

darinp

So - right. Ya know? i'm a long-time Klipsch owner. In 1993 i purchased a set of Forte IIs from the Sight and Sound store (on base) in Mainz, Germany while stationed with the Army. Prior, my family had owned a couple pair at various times. I really loved those speakers. I've had my share of Klipsch computer audio as well. I think I had 3 of the 8" subs, daisy-chained at one point. I've even photoshopped a few Klipsch employees in 'compromising' positions while doing graphics/photos for an online computer hardware magazine. Heck, i've even MET a few of them at GDFest - Amy still work there?

Fast forward to last week when a great-looking set of speakers showed up at my door - the RF-62 Theatre system. Now, we've only been in this house about one week - still have scores of boxes and packing material laying around.

So - I get things set up with my very modest home theatre system. I'm using a Harman-Kardon receiver to power things - probably 50W per channel. So - after all the wires are run i fire it up.

What a piece of crap. Nothing but rattles, shakes, and vibrations. Sounds like it's full of aluminum cans and broken bits of glass. I honestly can't believe how something like this could be on the market at ANY price. Now we'll have to move again.

Oh? did you think I was talking about the speakers? No, no...my HOUSE is a piece of crap. I can hear rattles and shakes from 20 feet across the room. Thanks to this system filling my house with amazingly powerful sound, I've realized my house isn't up to par. I've heard of people buying audio to fit their house...now I'll have to find a house that works better with my new audio set up. There should be a warning on the boxes from Klipsch - maybe a waiver:

"Caution - using these products may reveal difficiencies in the build quality of your house. Before buying a house, you should first install these speakers and listen to a major motion picture in HD, to ensure the room in which these will be located is constructed of sufficient strength and quality because these speakers kick-***."

If somebody is THINKING about Klipsch home theatre stuff, just tell them this "...you'll LOVE the sound from the speakers...you may not love the sounds coming from your rattling, creeking, shaking HOUSE, however."

:D

- Darin

I bit hook line and sinker...you got me you stinker!!

Right about here,

Sounds like it's full of aluminum cans and broken bits of glass. I honestly can't believe how something like this could be on the market at ANY price. Now we'll have to move again.

I was totally dumbfounded and thinking you were a loon with this line of logic.

I'm glad to hear your house sucks [;)]

Had me going with it, too. At first I thought something in the speaker came loose in shipping.

Yeah, I've got my share of rattles, mainly from my subwoofers. Fortunately my house was built in 1940 so it had plenty of time to settle before I moved in!

Welcome to the forum! If you're not totally joking, speaker placement could make a difference. While I was experimenting to find the best spot for my sub, I placed it under a picture window. The 30Hz test tone made the window (non-opening, solidly-mounted) thrum so loudly that it gave me a headache in less than ten seconds. Luckily, I was able to find another spot, between the speakers, that did not cause that resonance and now all is well.

• Moderators

I've even photoshopped a few Klipsch employees in 'compromising' positions while doing graphics/photos for an online computer hardware magazine. Heck, i've even MET a few of them at GDFest - Amy still work there?

Um....yep. I totally remember you.

[:)]

• Moderators

Two questions...

1. Was Amy one of the people you caught in a compromising situation?

2. You are going to share that picture with your bro's, aren't you?

Angel

Now that's funny.....I knew Coytee would be on that like white on rice ! [:o][;)]