The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Johnlw7

Anyone know Gary Gillum

I have tried to find out some info on Mr.Gillum with very little sucess.I know he was an associate engineer for Klipsch for many years.I know he help design the KG series of speakers.I think he also made speakers under his own name for a time.i was wondering if he still builds speakers or is active in audio these days.i believe he lives In Missouri but not sure.

Last I heard he was up in your neck of the woods. Maybe Harison. I will ask Hunter.

Trey,

I think that he is still in Rogers, AR. (NWA)

tc

• Like 1

He is in MO.

the word is out that you guys are looking for him. We will see if he wants to be found.

I knew Gillum very well. I worked with him at SDC.in Branson..I loved that man...He turned me on to Klipsches..To this day Im 63 and i miss him alot..He turned me on to Crown amps and I drank good beer that he made listening to 2 K horns and a Bell,,,mac Pre amp and amp..and a thorins phono before he went back to Hope..I missed him then and now. The first time I met him his studio had just ! K Horn...1 heresy..Mac28 crown amp and a Ampex tape recorder....thats it ,,,,He knew his shit....Mike

• Like 1

Gary Gillum of KG fame (Klipsch/Gillum) as in KG 5.5.

Actually, Gary left the company about 1984 or 1985, after the KG2 and KG4. The "KG" became kind of a brand or series unto itself, which they continued with other designs after his departure.

• Like 1

perhaps why they went from lower case kg to capital KG for the series after the original kg2 and kg4???

Sorry for the bump but really digging on a pair of kg2s that I've had since new...A thread on another forum that caters to Klipsch speakers inspired me to dig these out of the garage, clean the oiled oak finish and give it some Watco rejuvenating oil and try 'em out...

I just replaced the tweeter diaphragms with Crites Titanium tweeter diaphragms (never a disappointment) and they sound good with a decent amount of bass...

Bill

Edited by silversport

He’s my uncle and does live in Ridgedale, MO.  He gave me a pair of Kg2’s as a wedding gift in 1985. Still have them and they sound as good as ever. 

D4FB8F85-10DB-4F9C-B5F8-E5CE747B03C9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I like my kg2s better than the kg4s I had...welcome Laura Lee and say hello to Mr. G too...

Bill