New Jubilees (KHJ-DCR 001 and 002) Finally Set Up and Running!!!!

• Moderators

I cant' remember the name of the speakers right now, but I had a surround sound setup a couple of years ago that had cabinets that were flat black painted boxes, and they wrapped black stretchy grill cloth around them and had ties that gathered the socks up tight on the tops and bottoms of the cabinets. Then they had cherry, or piano black wood pieces on the tops and bottoms to cover the gathered cloth. It was a pretty slick way to build cabinets. They looked really nice and I could tell they were easy (read cheap) for the company to build.

Were they Vandersteens? They use a condom like approach on one of their speakers. Started with just offering black and then went to also offering some nice veeners.

Travis

Were they Vandersteens? They use a condom like approach on one of their speakers. Started with just offering black and then went to also offering some nice veeners.

Travis

No, but they were constructed like that. I still can't remember. I only bought them to resell and I never listened to them, except at the guys house where he had them hooked up. It's right on the tip of my tongue. "Infinite Directives" LOL! or something like that. [:S]

Greg

Can anyone help me find some of this black stretchy cloth? I found a black grill cloth at a local fabric store but it's too thick. The one at Partsexpress is also similar I think. I am looking for a thin stretchy cloth.

I am building enclosures for the K402s and I need this cloth to cover the fronts. I think it will look nice when it's done. I will post some pictures as soon as I finish them.

Kudret

• Like 1

Is having 3 braces on each side one of the changes that has been made over the years to the design?

Earlier Jub's only have 2 braces per side in the mouth of the horn it would seem.

Also how far around back do those braces go?

They look outstanding by the way.

-Josh

The way the Jubilee was made has been changed so it can be constructed faster. Also the bracing has been modified to minimize flexing. I think the new bracing was started about last year.

Just my opinion, but I think the braces would look a bit better if the small inboard vertical pieces were bevelled back a couple of inches, either left to right or front to back, to minimize their appearance.

With their full ends showing the way they do, they look like shelf supports, which they kind of are, I suppose.

The Mirage line of speakers (now owned by Klipsch) had a series M3si and so forth, that had a stretch 'sock' for a grille fabric also. You'd knock the top wood plate off and roll the sock off to access the drivers.

i'm kinda thinkin well used panty hose would look good.... ( tie the legs around the driver?) ......just a thought.......

I think the new Jubilees have more CNC cuts. There are gooves let into the outer walls and final flare to accept these 'batwing' shaped supports. They seem like they would offer significantly stronger support than the old style. This design/build change means that a Klipschorn Jubilee bin can be constructed by one man instead of requiring a team to seat the pieces together.

These differ from the old style wedges that are glued and nailed in with cleats.

The Mirage line of speakers (now owned by Klipsch) had a series M3si and so forth, that had a stretch 'sock' for a grille fabric also. You'd knock the top wood plate off and roll the sock off to access the drivers.

i'm kinda thinkin well used panty hose would look good.... ( tie the legs around the driver?) ......just a thought.......

you can borrow some of my used panty hose