Space Chicks!

thebes

The Rocket Man's recent thread on space garbage got me to thinking. Please don't even try to follow how space dookies got me thinking about space chicks, I don't know how my mind works, and I'm afraid to find out. (I fear circus midgets are somehow involved)

Anyways, like a flash of sudden inspiration, I realized that this forum has never had a comprehensive examination of the impact of outer space babes on the American culture.

Complete with pictures!

I'll get deeper into an in-depth examination of cultural norms and impacts, societal abstracts and sociological ramifications as this topic develops. First though, let's get right to the eye candy.

From a series of press photos taken for the seminal, special affects masterpiece from the golden age of science fiction movies, I give you "Forbidden Planet". Believe it or not I saw this picture at the local movie hall the year it came out (!956?). In the theater lobby was, in the flesh himself, Robbie the Robot. I was vaguely disappointed that the space chick wasn't also there, but hey, I'm standing 3 feet from Robbie the Robot!

So you klactu ricktoos, what space babe get's your plasma jets pumping?

post-14801-13819499585494_thumb.jpg

Weren't the ancient inhabitants of the Forbidden Planet called the Krell? Could this have sparked your audiophile escapades?

Here's something easy just to get things rolling but don't ask me how I found this site.

http://www.manofest.com/joomgallery/Girls/The-101-Hottest-Slave-Princess-Leia-Photos/

Added; I'm not such a big fan of Princess Leia so I'll post a pic of one of my all time favorites - Vina, who lived on Talos IV.

post-17394-13819499585844_thumb.jpg

Also from the late 80's Buck Rogers, Erin Gray.

Posted Image

And the gratuitous nudity in space award goes to Matilda May in "Lifeforce."

Posted Image

She plays a space vampire, who sucks your lifeforce rather than your blood and is nude for probably 80% of the movie. They obviously didn't spend their budget on writers. It also co-starred a then unknown actor (to the U.S. audience), Patrick Stewart.