When the wife is away........

Stockholm650

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife is always gone, oh, that's right I divorced her, Oh Silly Me. CB

Ditto...

Oh yea... Been there... Done that... Lost my T-Shirt... Along with pretty much everything else...

Question... Why is divorce SO expensive? Answer... Because it's worth it. [:D]

My wife has always supported my passion for music and big sound. She likes it loud when the music seems to call for it. We try to identify the objects in the house that will rattle sympathetically, and damp them down. Klipschorns can rattle a window a house away. Years ago, she helped me build some diffusers ... now that the math has changed our view of what diffusers should be like, we are getting ready to build some more, I couldn't ask for a more cooperative spouse, maybe it has something to do with where we met 39 years ago -- in a class at UC Berkeley entitled "Rock: Social Poetry for the '70s."

Oh god yes.

Best audio investment is to get your wife into scrap booking. My wife and our daughter will go away for the entire weekend to scrap the night away, I then send the son to his friends house.

During the scrap booking weekends, oddly enough, the clipping indicators begin to flash on my amp, go figure.

My wife gave me my own room with a door that closes..... on the far side of the house. I can play music any time I wish, at any volume that my ears can take. She is also very forgiving about audio (and most other) purchases. Her attitude is if we can afford it then OK. I DO buy her what she wants but then she does not want all that much so when she askes, she gets it.

• Moderators

Isn't that what the garage(100 ft from the backdoor) is for?

Yes. Lock her in the garage.

Good ol' Terrry!

Greg,

After 40 years of it, I think that I am a master in the art of marriage. Well,..... it's the Master padlock on the garage.............

I hope you don't keep the chainsaw in the garage, because she won't be in there long. [:|]

Good ol' Terrry!

Greg,

After 40 years of it, I think that I am a master in the art of marriage. Well,..... it's the Master padlock on the garage.............

I hope you don't keep the chainsaw in the garage, because she won't be in there long. Indifferent

Not to worry Elden. I always leave the chainsaw out for the grandkids.[:o]

Got rid of the wife 2 years ago, got back into audio about 1 year and 364 days ago. The girlfriend is starting to make comments about my purchases, and I told her I won't make the same mistake twice, but she's hot and I guess I could lock her in the garage.................LMAO

• Moderators

Got rid of the wife 2 years ago, got back into audio about 1 year and 364 days ago. The girlfriend is starting to make comments about my purchases, and I told her I won't make the same mistake twice, but she's hot and I guess I could lock her in the garage.................LMAO

Or you could ask about shoe, cloths and purse purchases, or just say you were thinking about changing hobby's like everyone at work and start going to strip clubs with your friends.

If those don't work, I guess lock her in the garage ? [:P] PS.... Don't listen to Terry/ IB , he will get you in trouble for sure ! [;)]

Or you could ask about shoe, cloths and purse purchases, or just say you were thinking about changing hobby's like everyone at work and start going to strip clubs with your friends.

If those don't work, I guess lock her in the garage ? Stick out tongue PS.... Don't listen to Terry/ IB , he will get you in trouble for sure ! Wink

I told her I don't give a darn how many shoes or purses she buys, as long as it's her money, and then I said I can't talk right now, there's an auction going off. It's all good, she actually cranks it up herself once in a while.

This thread is amusing, but I really don't get this non-universal difference that co-varies -- to a degree -- with gender.
  • I know women hear the high frequencies more acutely, and may (?) have very slightly more sensitive hearing across the frequency spectrum, but how do we account for women with good hearing who like it good and loud? I was in a studio setting with several women (players and sound mixers), some with amazing hearing, who liked it loud. As I said, my wife likes it loud. While my daughter has occasionally asked me to turn it down, she has also asked me to turn it up.
  • If it's social/cultural, and they haven't been to enough concerts, take 'em to some.
  • If there is a problem with the look of the equipment, discuss it. My wife thinks the Klipschorns look elegant, less so the Belle .... When our new music room / library / home theater is finished, the Belle will be hidden (flush mounted) behind an acoustically transparent wall fabric, with its own grille cloth removed. When I suggested hiding the Khorns too, she asked me not to. .

Good ol' Terrry!

Greg,

I hope you don't keep the chainsaw in the garage, because she won't be in there long. Indifferent

Not to worry Elden. I always leave the chainsaw out for the grandkids.Surprise

I'm tellin' you, we three have GOT to meet up in Hope again...SOON! Tripple date at the Goat Roper??

This thread is amusing, but I really don't get this non-universal difference that co-varies -- to a degree -- with gender.
  • I know women hear the high frequencies more acutely, and may (?) have very slightly more sensitive hearing across the frequency spectrum, but how do we account for women with good hearing who like it good and loud? I was in a studio setting with several women (players and sound mixers), some with amazing hearing, who liked it loud. As I said, my wife likes it loud. While my daughter has occasionally asked me to turn it down, she has also asked me to turn it up.
  • If it's social/cultural, and they haven't been to enough concerts, take 'em to some.
  • If there is a problem with the look of the equipment, discuss it. My wife thinks the Klipschorns look elegant, less so the Belle .... When our new music room / library / home theater is finished, the Belle will be hidden (flush mounted) behind an acoustically transparent wall fabric, with its own grille cloth removed. When I suggested hiding the Khorns too, she asked me not to. .
That sounds like a keeper!