Ken Kessler's Heresy II Review

edwinr

I don't think he has ever heard a pair. Unless the H2s are radically different from the H3s his sonic description is not what I hear out of mine, in fact I was surprised how flat sounding they were when I got them (by flat I mean flat frequency response).

Thanx, Russ

• Moderators

Pompous, self-absorbed drivel. Virtually meaningless.

If you have to try so hard to prove you can write, you can't.

That was the first thing I thought also, he inserts so much [bs] to the writing it's obvious he trying to appear like he can write a snobby review.

• Moderators

I don't think he has ever heard a pair. Unless the H2s are radically different from the H3s his sonic description is not what I hear out of mine, in fact I was surprised how flat sounding they were when I got them (by flat I mean flat frequency response).

Thanx, Russ

There is quite a difference in the H1,H2 and the Hlll, but I do think he heard them but was almost ashamed he liked them ?

Honestly, I found his review very difficult to read. He wrote the review like he was writing a novel. He compares the sound and behavior of the speakers to things completely unrelated to sound. That isn't a bad thing all on its own... but he does it to such an excessive degree.

Either way, being a proud owner of a pair of HIIs.... I almost completely disagree with his thoughts [8-)]

The Heresy IIs may shy in comparison to my Cornwalls and my LaScalas but I love them all them same!

Daniel

I re-read the review just for the heck of it. Some self serving, effete, "I'm a superior being audio reviewer" snobbery on his part notwithstanding, it appears that the article is, unfortunately, as pointed out, just not easy to read; and all in all, it's difficult to really determine his "point". After reading the article several times..... I do come to the conclusion that he actually really likes them... he just cannot believe that the sound is that good from such a small speaker, with a very old design. I think his "gene pool" remark is funny though. Never considered that my Heresy's are from the "savage" end of the Klipsch gene pool..... [H]

Kessler writes for several mags. He's American born but lives in England. His style is somewhat abrasive, and he tends to go over board in his reviews. But he does seem to like the Heresys. I just reckon he doesn't want to come all the way out and admit it...

He writes like he's paid by the word. There was a lot of filler in there. That style shows up in a lot of English magazines of all types. I remember reading a test of a motorcycle in which the reviewer spent the first half-page describing the hangover he had that morning, which had nothing at all to do with the subject at hand.

Talking about English tests, this has to be a bike dealer's nightmare: a prospective buyer decides to give a top-of-the-line sport bike a "thorough" test ride, with the salesman on the back. The bike is a Yamaha R1 and the "buyer" is Jamie Witham, a British racing champion and a bit of a wise guy.

Jamie Witham R1 Test Ride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXZyvKVfr_0