Happy Turkey Day....

Gilbert

Lest we forget the meaning of this day....

A Holy man was having a conversation with the Lord one day and said, 'Lord, I would like to know what Heaven and Hell are like.' The Lord led the holy man to two doors.

He opened one of the doors and the holy man looked in.. In the middle of the room was a large round table.. In the middle of the table was a large pot of stew, which smelled delicious and made the holy man's mouth water. The people sitting around the table were thin and sickly. They appeared to be famished. They were holding spoons with very long handles that were strapped to their arms and each found it possible to reach into the pot of stew and take a spoonful.. But because the handle was longer than their arms, they could not get the spoons back into their mouths. The holy man shuddered at the sight of their misery and suffering.

The Lord said, 'You have seen Hell. They went to the next room and opened the door. It was exactly the same as the first one. There was the large round table with the large pot of stew which made the holy man's mouth water. The people were equipped with the same long-handled spoons, but here the people were
well nourished and plump, laughing and talking. The holy man said, 'I don't understand.

'It is simple,' said the Lord. 'It requires but one skill. You see, they have learned to feed each other.

Thanks to HarryO and best wishes for Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

I will be on the forum. A single man with no plans. Was going to go visit my brother; but, he just called and said not to bother because he has a horrible cold and feels totally awful.

Same here - a single man with no plans. However, at least a couple of my friends are coming over and we are going to let Ryan's (yes that buffet place) do the cooking. Afterwards, I don't know what we will do next - probably go see a movie or something.

I was going to go visit my parent, but they went to Indianapolis to visit my brother, and I just did not want to endure that 11-12 hour drive again like I did back in July (if I had more notice, I would've booked a flight).

Kids all here home form college.A 2am night of cold beers and action movies on the HT klipsch setup. Wonderful morning of food, coffee and cuban cigars. Turkey dinner later with the whole family.Lots of good German reisling and tons of food. Marathon hunting/shooting outing tomorrow thru Sunday.

With all this in mind my thoughts focus on the young military family friends who have shipped out to the mideast.I think of these young heros who risk their lives on a daily basis so that we can enjoy our lives in a somewhat free society. Please take a few minutres to say a prayer for them and their safe return.

Happy Thansgiving to all.