OT: 50 worst cars of all time!

Daddy Dee

Time Mag.

Not bad for entertainment. My guess is that there would be a fair amount of consensus on a number of these cars.

Of course, on anything as subjective as his, or he fifty best CD's of all time, it's fairly hopelessly subjective.

So, it's for entertainment purposes only. OK. I know, I'm easily entertained.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,1658545,00.html

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They left out the 80s vintage oldsmobiles with the horible V-6s with the outsourced smog sensors. Mine died so many times I lost count.Like

13 or 16 trips to the dealer- they never fixed it. I ended up swapping engines with another series V6 out of the junkyard and selling it. What A GM POS.

Also the late 70s vintage F250 vintage Ford pickups with overheating problems- my last outing with Ford.

Disagree with the listings of Lambos-Ferraris- Vettes- and Jags- They are classics- I will take any of them any day.

Everything I know about cars I learned between 1977 and 1981 when I owned a 67 Triumph Spitfire. I loved driving it when it ran but I don't think it went more than a week in the 4 years I owned it without SOMETHING breaking. There were just too many problems to list.

I kept a hammer in the trunk to tap on the starter. It usually took about 15 minutes to find the right spot but some mornings I just gave up.

The linkage from the gas pedal to the carbs was another fine example of brilliant British design. Often you would see me driving down the road pulling on a piece of string coming from under the hood to give it gas.

I finally had to get rid of it when the floor boards rusted to the point I could see the road beneath my feet. It was only a matter of time before I would have to pull a Fred Flintstone. I loved that car!

We had a neighbor with an Amphicar. Coolest thing on wheels, land or sea.

I did penance with a 1960 Austin Healey 3000, featuring electricals by Lucas-Prince of Darkness and tranny by Morris, backroad lorrie gear-cruncher. That non-synchro 1st was a real treat.

Then karma bit me with a Fiat Brava.

How did Renault LeCar NOT make the list?