TV died this morning - its alive!

wuzzzer

My wife turned on the TV this morning and thought I had changed some settings and couldn't figure out why there was no picture. The TV turned itself off after a couple minutes. I think it might be a blown bulb. Its only a few months old. At this point I'm glad I bought the extended warranty for it!

Wuzzzer,

Sorry about your bad luck. I have the Mitsubishi WD57731 and my lamp died a little over 2 years from the date of purchase. I called warranty dept.and gave them details and had new lamp within 4-5 business days. Five minute install. Good as new. You should be covered under mfr's warranty. Check with Mitsubishi warranty dept. first before the extended warranty company.

Bill

I remember i bought a Mitsu diamond series paid over 3k for it..after a f ew years had the caps go out in the DM board..I went online and found out that their tv's are natorious for needing repair after a few years..time n time again i read posts..I think I could of started a class action lawsuit against mitsubishi..Ill never buy from them again...

sorry to hear that wuzzer...if i were u i would get an lcd..they are pretty solid...samsung or something like that

I remember i bought a Mitsu diamond series paid over 3k for it..after a f ew years had the caps go out in the DM board..I went online and found out that their tv's are natorious for needing repair after a few years..time n time again i read posts..I think I could of started a class action lawsuit against mitsubishi..Ill never buy from them again...

sorry to hear that wuzzer...if i were u i would get an lcd..they are pretty solid...samsung or something like that

I know that the lamp life sucks! I plan on replacing it every year at $140.00 a pop. I won't ever buy another one and will be getting a Panasonic or Samsung LCD or Plasma in the near future. Heck I should just order the new bulb now, as I'm sure that I oppened my mouth, it will blow in the next couple of days.[:@]

+1 here on never buy a Mitsubishi again

Did you have any of the warning lights come on regarding the lamp? If not, I would remove it, inspect it, and if no obvious damage is done, then cycle the tv and put it back in and try it. You have nothing to lose by giving it a shot.

No. It just wouldn't show a picture this morning.

• Moderators

Good luck Wuzzzer, I hope they take care of you, it's a pain in the rear when something like that hapens. You think it's "new" I don't have to worry about that for a while and something like this happens. [:@]

I just sold my old 60 inch Mits,10 years old,average 10 hrs per day,never a problem.A few years back I bought a new Mits widescreen from Costco,worst picture I ever seen.I decided Mits was no longer a tv manufacture leader and returned it a few days later and bought a Sony 55 inch lcd for that room.This Christmas I decided to update and finally sell the faithful old Mits.I looked at the 60/65/73($800,1100,1350,great prices) inch Mits but all the research and my bud at the store said new bulb every year or two.

I decided on the LG ps60 inch plasma,full glass front panel(no plastic bezel).It's far superior to the Sony or any tv I've ever had,and at $1500 a real steal.

• Moderators

I decided on the LG ps60 inch plasma,full glass front panel(no plastic bezel).It's far superior to the Sony or any tv I've ever had,and at $1500 a real steal.

Those things went down that much, it wasn't that long ago you were lucky to get a 50" for that priceand that was a no name off brand.

Those things went down that much, it wasn't that long ago you were lucky to get a 50" for that priceand that was a no name off brand.

This tv,lg started first of the year $2800,now retails for about $2300,street about $1800,I offered $1500,in a moment he came back and said ok.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an old Boxlight, that I don't even use... we upgraded to Panasonics at the school. I was going to play and see if I oculd make an LED lamp module for it. RIGHT!!!! Like I have time for that... But really, sooner or later there will be long lasting, low cost lamps for these things.

I do have a new bulb for it, and will at some point, try it out. This model had a problem with the power supply, but it was FREE. Since my only tv is a 13 incher, this will work for a while. To be honest, I only watch maybe one movie a year. Then I justwatch on my laptop, which has a larger display than the tv... [:$]

Bruce

Mitsubishi makes everything. I would never buy Mitshubishi. It's like the Chinese, they makes everything.

I bought the TV from Vanns.com and contacted them this morning. They said for the first year it's warranted through Mitsubishi. I'm going to call them right now.

I have a 2004 Mits WD62725 and have installed 3 bulbs at about an avg of $150 per. Buy on line and get bulb only not the assy. I change mine when the 2,000 hr yellow caution comes on and then keep the old bulb that works just fine as a spare. I now have 3 Vizio LCD/LED and Plasma but would rather use the Mits but it's just too big in the new place. Selling it to a bud for $750 and the MSRP was 5K, paid 3K open box.

I am of the opinion that mostly no one needs a hang on the wall TV, yea some special circumstances but give me a break on the hang above fireplace so I can break my neck looking up installs with the fireplace heat drifting over it. Oh wait, there is no heat cause I don't use my fireplace, then tear it the heck out and properly position some speakers!

Jeese, builders and real estate agents and their "FOCAL POINT" fireplaces.

OK, I stand down now.