The last 'Tonight Show' with COCO O'Brian

jacksonbart

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O'Brien was fine in the "Late Night" slot.....when NBC moved him to "Tonight Show" they neutered him. Guess they had to, since the sum content of the show seemed to be Conan drooling over that night's guest Hollywood starlet. Should have left well enough alone. Or if they HAD to make a change, put Jimmy Fallon on "Tonight Show"....he's more "Carsonesque" and "cleaner" for the earlier spot (again, why they neutered Conan), leave Conan on Late Night, and give Jay his retirement check.

Johnny was a hard act to follow , Period.

I have not watched either Leno or O'Brien because I did not find either one- Funny or entertaining...............

Give Coco a chance (loved that PeeWee thing about the Coco & NBC thing last night).

I was the same way. I'll agree that Leno sucks and Dave, is just okay. But Conan aka Coco, is something different, give his show a few watches, and he'll make a regular out of you. Just don't expect to see an inpersonation of Johnny, you won't get it. Conan is different, but equally as good. When Conan is done, he will be missed just like Johnny.

Johnny was a hard act to follow , Period.

I have not watched either Leno or O'Brien because I did not find either one- Funny or entertaining...............

Give Coco a chance (loved that PeeWee thing about the Coco & NBC thing last night).

I was the same way. I'll agree that Leno sucks and Dave, is just okay. But Conan aka Coco, is something different, give his show a few watches, and he'll make a regular out of you. Just don't expect to see an inpersonation of Johnny, you won't get it. Conan is different, but equally as good. When Conan is done, he will be missed just like Johnny.

Didnt Pee Wee get arrested for Weenie Waving in a theater???? That could boost both Leno and Coco ratings for NBC

I loved Letterman in the 1980's and up until he went to CBS. His show was creative and edgy, he did things that nobody ever did before. They neutered him for the earlier slot and late night shows fell apart. I can't seem to watch any of them as they all are so boring now.

But I do agree that out of all of them Jay Leno is the worst and needs to go off into the sunset. Gotta love how he portrays himself as a nice guy and is so ruthless in his power moves. Then again, Letterman is not the squeeky clean guy he tries to portray.

Being a SoCal guy, I get to "hang" with Jay from time to time when he rides his bike to the local hangouts. He's always been friendly to me, so I'm a fan.

Thanx, Russ

Yes a friend of mine see's Jay pretty often on some local Harley rides and I always have gotten the feeling that Leno is very friendly with his fans.

I never really watched Jay though and always preferred Letterman, I have seen much more of Jays new 10pm show than I ever saw of him with the Tonight Show. I have never seen very much of Conan and never watched him at all on the Tonight Show.

While I was never a Leno fan I thought it was a mistake when NBC decided to take Jay off and give Conan the Tonight show. I think it would have been an even worse mistake to have cut the tonight show to half an hour with Jay at 11:30 and Conan at 12.

The question here is Leno trying to save face in his taking part of bumping O'Brien to the later time slot? Just because his prime time show was a disaster doesn't mean he has to help in the shafting of O'Brien. He has made more money in the last fifteen years than any other TV personality and should show some class and bow out politely.

No Leno bashing here but I think if Carson wanted to return and bump Leno less than a year after leaving, he could have but did not. Period.

Truth be known, the real ones with no class are NBC executives. Leno should not align himself with those snakes.

Bill

Gotta love how he portrays himself as a nice guy and is so ruthless in his power moves.

Tiger, Jay is truly a nice guy, I never gotten drunk with him (he doesn't drink) but I have had lunch with him (not that he would remember, he knows my face not my name). What you see on TV is what Jay is. He's fair and honest. NBC fired Jay from the Tonight Show and wanted him to go to 10 o'clock, then they wanted to move him back to 11:35 and have Conan keep the Tonight Show but at 12:05. I'm not sure Jay had much to say about it, other than yes or no. Jay likes to work so he took what they offered. I think that was really all there was to the whole thing.

P.S. Jay says he banks all his Tonight Show money and just buys cars/bikes with his earnings from his stand-up appearances. Must be nice (He says he's the luckiest guy on earth, and he really means it).

Thanx, Russ

Gotta love how he portrays himself as a nice guy and is so ruthless in his power moves.

Tiger, Jay is truly a nice guy, I never gotten drunk with him (he doesn't drink) but I have had lunch with him (not that he would remember, he knows my face not my name). What you see on TV is what Jay is. He's fair and honest. I'm not sure Jay had much to say about it, other than yes or no. Jay likes to work so he took what they offered. I think that was really all there was to the whole thing.

P.S and he really means it).

Thanx, Russ

And you got all that from lunch with him? Sounds like you've been close friends for years. Hell, I don't know that much about my brother(as in able to read his mind).

Carson was good and Letterman use to be good which pretty much sums up late night. IMHO of course.

And you got all that from lunch with him?

No, like I said I get to hang out around him (with the other guys) from time to time over the years. I can't say I know him intimately, never been over to his house or anything like that, basic casual contact but repeatedly, over a long period of time. He's very well liked by the bike, car and steam powered guys, I've never heard a bad word about him and he's always been nice to me. Maybe I'm reading him wrong, but it's hard to fake nice and he's a nice guy. He's just one of the guys when he's around (granted a rich M/F but just one of the guys). If you don't believe me ask some of the other guys that hang out, they will say the same thing.

Thanx, Russ .