Klipsch Southern Spring Gathering

CIGARBUM

Hey, he is the urologist, not me...

but you're the attorney....

Indifferent

Yea, the ole "thumb surprise" may not have change my expression that afternoon.

Terry....lets see the pictures of your journey....you made the rounds my friend. Have you found the correct cable for your camera?

jc

The cable is at my PO Box. Should post pix this afternoon.

tc

Guys,

I took over 100 shots and have spent time going thru them. For the most part I will post pics of the gear, as many of the attendees have paid me to omit some shots.

I am sorry for the large files but I have no way to down size. Slow on my end as well, so if it is too slow for you....then go no further.

tc

As per the direction of Mrs. Dr. Cullison, we were in bed by 2:00 am. (many thanks)

Up early, loaded the KingKong box full of gear, sleeping bags, ice chest etc and were on our way to Athens (before 9:00am) to visit the Italian Stallion Mark 1101. We listened to his little MCM Grand system with the TAD/K402's. [:o]

post-13095-13819584295738_thumb.jpg

Drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

Do you have a better shot of those tractrix bass or mid horns ? They are so cool.

Seti,

I will try again AM. My machine, my head and the forum are tired of this file size. Hope to post more shots. The Bob gear is just nuts. Backed Khorns, super mod Bells, dbb's, all with wooden trax horns and huge drivers are to die for.

• 2 weeks later...

Bob and all,

Looks like everybody had a good time!! Me missing the fun is what I get for being away from the forums for six months or so.I put the time to good use however, spending some quality time with daughter and grandson in Montgomery.

I sent an e-mail a few days ago to the CB asking about how the DBB Cornscalas came out, but he must have changed e-mail addresses or something.

So, how do the DBB's spec out? I saw someone had a mic and stand and a laptop and imagine there was testing going on......

Bob did me the fantastic favor of trading me his original single-woofer Cornscala cabs for a box of cigars....he said the cigars were wonderful and the speaker cabinets are pretty dadgone good, too.

Well, I guess I've learned my lesson and will make an appearance here every once in a while or wind up on the losing end again...

Only the best to this cadre of 1%-ers,

Charles "Doc" Snow

........snooze and ya lose.......???????

Tha boy was on break and just resting his eyes.........[;)]

I think this was shot Fri night.

I take pride in myself for being a player, last one to bed, and shutting down the systems when everyone else has gone to bed.

But that Sat night I lost my crown to Winchester. Saturday night Chris takes the award for "last man standing". [:'(]

post-13095-13819585281292_thumb.jpg

Nice basement bedroom system.......

Closed back Khorns - Wooden Trax Horn / 2"JBL driver - MC275 - Mac pre....

(serious room gain down there - the big old horns had plenty of slam)

This room was of particular interest to me. When I visited Bob on the 1st of November last year, I spent a good deal of time trying to sort out the voicing of those big wooden midrange horns and the effect of the backs on the K-horns.(and the good crossovers, lemme not forget) Now, one man's earth-shattering is another man's subtle, but I thought the effect of the modifications made a material improvement and took the sound of a great pair of Klipschhorns to a whole different place and level. That may be old hat around here, but the news flash is that these collaborative hobbyists have one-upped Mr Klipsch at his own game, so to speak....by taking one of the best and most innovative consumer/industrial inventions for listening to music that has ever been AND pushing it out beyond what we might have thought possible. The first time I heard a pair of K-Horns, I was a wide-eyed youngster of about 20 years. I could not have imagined THAT sound could be refined and improved so much, yet it has.

Now I need to listen to some Jubilees....how much different do they sound than CB's KH bottoms??

Chuck