Klipsch Southern Spring Gathering

CIGARBUM

Bob / everyone............had a great time in the mountains. Bob has some very nice systems and misc. components. Very fun to listen to. I learned how nice these new homemade wooden tractrixc horns can sound on Heritage speakers. I think maybe the part I enjoyed the most was listening to the Khorns with the enclosed backs. I think the backs made a big difference in delivering bass with forward impact.

I would have liked to stay longer on Saturday and spent more time playing with the upstairs system. That is another fine system of Bob's with a Jolida JD-100, Peach and VRDs, and DBB bass bins!!!!!

I really did enjoy myself and Bob is a great host in opening his home to us all. Plenty of good food and drink and hospitality. Hopfully Bob you and Theresa can come down to vist Kim and I sometime and repeat the process. We are not that far from one another.

TC.......I a little leary of you and your pictures given the last time at JC's. Hopefully, I wasn't caught doing anything mischievous this time.

Bob / everyone............had a great time in the mountains. Bob has some very nice systems and misc. components. Very fun to listen to. I learned how nice these new homemade wooden tractrixc horns can sound on Heritage speakers. I think maybe the part I enjoyed the most was listening to the Khorns with the enclosed backs. I think the backs made a big difference in delivering bass with forward impact.

I would have liked to stay longer on Saturday and spent more time playing with the upstairs system. That is another fine system of Bob's with a Jolida JD-100, Peach and VRDs, and DBB bass bins!!!!!

I really did enjoy myself and Bob is a great host in opening his home to us all. Plenty of good food and drink and hospitality. Hopfully Bob you and Theresa can come down to vist Kim and I sometime and repeat the process. We are not that far from one another.

TC.......I a little leary of you and your pictures given the last time at JC's. Hopefully, I wasn't caught doing anything mischievous this time.

I don't want too let too much time pass before I thank our two hosts for a super weekend. Teresa should get special thanks for her efforts. It must have been like picking up after seven two-year olds on a sugar rush. The house and food was always perfect. What a sweetheart!

I hope to post pictures this evening and will say more at that time. (still trying to collect enough brain cells to do so)

......"TC.......I a little leary of you and your pictures given the last time at JC's. Hopefully, I wasn't caught doing anything mischievous this time.".......

In the past, guys have been kind enough not to post a few compromising shots of me. I will have a heart this time. Some pix will not be posted. (just look for them on utube[6])

tc

PS: Bruce has the group shot for sure. Looking forward to seeing it.

Yep. One of the best gatherings ever. Bob is the host with the most. The hobbiest living it up in his retirement days. Teresa was all over making sure we were happy.

I want to apologize if I got a little too wild and crazy friday night. I was a little embarrased the next am. I think I ate about 10 sandwiches. 5 tacos......and boatloads of shrimp.

It was fun to hear the dbbs again and to hear Belles. Nice electronics too...as mentioned above.

jc

Well, ffirst I would like to thank everyone that attended, it made the weekend super. I just woke up from another nap, I needed it, this old man just can't keep up with the young kids anymore.

You can not believe how much I learned from all the experts, I being the novice, individual thanks to JC, Terry, Mark, Richard, Bruce and Chris all greaat guys and a ton of knowledge, they gave me several tip on how to improve my systems and I will be working on them very soon.

I would also like to thank my dear friend that has been with me for many years who gave his content for the well being of all the Klipsch followers, thank you Mr. MaCallan Anniversary Malt 25, you served well.

I'm sorry for those who wanted to come but couldn't make it, you were missed.

God willing and the creek don't rise, we';ll do it again next year, all will be invited

Thanks again for a great weekend

CigarBum

Yep. One of the best gatherings ever. Bob is the host with the most. The hobbiest living it up in his retirement days. Teresa was all over making sure we were happy.

I want to apologize if I got a little too wild and crazy friday night. I was a little embarrased the next am. I think I ate about 10 sandwiches. 5 tacos......and boatloads of shrimp.

It was fun to hear the dbbs again and to hear Belles. Nice electronics too...as mentioned above.

jc

Dang I'm sorry I missed all that action.

Sounds like fun to me.

Yeah definitely thanks to Teresa- I dont know how she put up with all of us and the 10 thousand empty beer cans/bottles. I- definitely being the novice of the group learned more in 2 days than in the last 2 years since I got back into this addiction. Make no mistake about it - there are some certified top of the line experts on this forum that are a wealth of knowledge. We are all extremely fortunate to have this resource at hand to gain knowledge in our search for the perfect sound. That became apparent to me this weekend. Testing proved that Bob's gear is darn near perfect.

The 25 year old scotch was nothing short of phenominal- Food was excellent.

Wow... Terry and Seti came too? I am really sorry I missed it.

Maybe next year, after I get married this Sept., things will have settled down a bit. Sounds like Theresa could use another woman in the house to keep everyone in line. [;)]

Seriously, I just have too much on my plate right now, and am sorry to have missed this weekend.

Bruce

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond - still recuperating...

Bob - thank you so much for the hospitality, I sincerely hope to do it again, and make more of our acquaintance - I remember such gatherings fondly when I think of the very unique and incredible people that I have had the opportunity to meet and share my love of fine equipment and music as a member of this forum. Thank you also to your lovely co-host who so graciously tried to keep us fed and hydrated during our time there!

Here are some of my pictures:

post-17850-13819584155052_thumb.jpg

Yeah, well he looks pretty rough - and not near as rough as he *should* have looked...

OK, now I guess I need to tell you that I found our picture online of us "shooting the dragon", Richard...in my hopped up, curve master SUV - really pitiful..

The one picture that I found, we were going around a curve, and a bullet bike is climbing up the back door...very funny.

Bruce

Hey, he is the urologist, not me...

but you're the attorney....

Indifferent

Yea, the ole "thumb surprise" may not have change my expression that afternoon.

Terry....lets see the pictures of your journey....you made the rounds my friend. Have you found the correct cable for your camera?

jc