Klipsch Southern Spring Gathering

CIGARBUM

If I can get to it on Thursday, I might make two of my yet to be world famous, coffee cakes. They DO have walnuts in them but, I can make one without walnuts in case anyone has problems with nuts. (butter/eggs/flour/sour cream/walnuts/salt/baking soda/baking powder/vanilla and sugar)

So.... is anyone problematic with walnuts or am I ok to make them both the same?

I do someone is always trying to kill me with those things. Ah wait I won't be there :(

Mark, check your email.

JC, that sucks on the issues with dairy products. I guess since this contains butter and sour cream it qualifies (?)

Having a friend who had a bad reaction to peanuts, he's told me just how careful he has to be. Since I can make these (one of them) just as easily without nuts, I figured I'd offer. I don't know how to make it without the dairy products.

I'll plan on making them both with walnuts unless someone chimes in. Perhaps we can send Seti some crumbs [8o|]

.......there has to be one in every crowd.........I can't do nuts

Terry.... are you sensative enough that you will avoid something that was baked in a pan that had prior, baked something with nuts in it?

I can quite easily make a batch and get it seperated prior to the nuts going in but.... the pan (and mixer) have been used for that in the past. I don't know how careful someone needs to be when they have these type situations. I've read where people try (or have?) to use utinsels that have never touched nuts. I think that's a bit overkill since they've been through the washer but since I don't know better..... thought I'd ask.

.......there has to be one in every crowd.........I can't do nuts

Terry.... are you sensative enough that you will avoid something that was baked in a pan that had prior, baked something with nuts in it?

I can quite easily make a batch and get it seperated prior to the nuts going in but.... the pan (and mixer) have been used for that in the past. I don't know how careful someone needs to be when they have these type situations. I've read where people try (or have?) to use utinsels that have never touched nuts. I think that's a bit overkill since they've been through the washer but since I don't know better..... thought I'd ask.

No sir. Don't have it as bad as the peanut kids. Same pan and mixer is fine.

Thanks,

tc

Bob Greene

1916 Chimney Mountain Road

Sautee Nacoochee, GA 30571

706-878-9069

If you get to Helen call, if you have a GPS it will try to take you to a road that doesn't exist, and straight up a mountain. One mile North of Helen, rt 356, go 5 miles, at Eugene Road turn left, go 200 yards turn right onto Chimney Mountain Road, dirt road, go 0.8 mile paved driveway on right, up the hill, second house, when you can't go any further, your there, Jeep and Infinity in garage.

Don't bother to bring any food, if I don't have it I will get it. Grill is fine, I'll stand guard.

CB

Alergies???? just found out that I am alergic to cigars- alcohol- and loud noises. Is this a problem??Big Smile

As long as naked women are not on your list.... oh wait.... Bob hasn't made his announcement yet.....never mind.

[:^)]

WAHOOOOOOO!!! What a weekend!

and I am sooo p.o.'d. Missed you guys, wife bought ticket for birthday, work interfered and then and then cancelled trip.

I know you guys had a great time, music must have been too loud when I called to give ya a hard time

Great weekend- Thanks to Bob for his gracious hospitality..... Mike- Sorry you could not make it. Hopefully the next time.

I agree on all points.

I'm going to wait to see if Bruce (Kriton) makes any comments about our return trip. It was 120 miles for us to get there, roughly 3 hours. On the way back, it was 220 miles and I don't know how many hours. He had about 5 different strangers staking him out at some corners with their cameras pointed at him as we drove by.

If I didn't know better I'd say they were papparazi and he was some kind of rock star.

[:^)]