Heresies in my Jeep

dtel's wife

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used a pair in the back of my Mercedes 240D when I was stationed in Germany for three years. I had a Nakamichi TD-700 tape deck, feeding an Alpine 3015 Computer Equalizer/RTA and signal going to a Carver M240 power amplifier with 120W per channel. I would record the tapes on TDK MAX-G Metal tapes at my apartment on my Nak RX-505 and it sounded unreal. Not much room in the back seat for anyone except between the speakers. It would get REALLY loud.

Nothing like cruising the autobahn jamming with crystal clear Klipsch sound coming from the back seat.

Growing up I had a handicapped friend that had 4 Heresy's in his van with a top of the line Alpine cassette deck and Zapco processors and amplification Pink Floyd's "The Wall" sounded absolutely incredible in there.

System's these days can sound alot better though with smaller high quality components and a good subwoofer though.

Yiiiippppeee! Dtel installed a pair of Heresies in my Jeep! I AM LOVIN' IT! We heard a pair of Heresies in a vehicle when we attended the Pilgrimage in Hope and I have wanted a pair in my Jeep ever since. Dtel made the final adjustments yesterday, including a attaching a riser to tilt the speakers a little to the back....they sound awesome.

Sounds like it's time for a road trip!

Way cool!

I had a '98 F250 ext cab with four Heresies strapped in the jump seats. Two Rockford amps under the front seats. It was too crazy even for me. [6]\

tc

• Moderators

Yiiiippppeee! Dtel installed a pair of Heresies in my Jeep! I AM LOVIN' IT! We heard a pair of Heresies in a vehicle when we attended the Pilgrimage in Hope and I have wanted a pair in my Jeep ever since. Dtel made the final adjustments yesterday, including a attaching a riser to tilt the speakers a little to the back....they sound awesome.

Sounds like it's time for a road trip!

Way cool!

I had a '98 F250 ext cab with four Heresies strapped in the jump seats. Two Rockford amps under the front seats. It was too crazy even for me. Devil\

tc

Terry,

I am amazed! I didn't think anything was too crazy for you![;)]

• Moderators

System's these days can sound alot better though with smaller high quality components and a good subwoofer though.

I thought of that but the price for good speakers to fit in the original holes would not be cheap and the Jeep is getting a little old.

I removed the old speakers from the rear ( there on the ceiling ) and ran two pair of wires behind the trim and out by the floor. The old rear speakers were shot and I had a pair of rough Heresys from the workshop, and got some replacement drivers from Michael. I had used the tweeters and mid drivers for the other workshop speakers, but everything else was there on the old Heresy's.

A friend of mine had a 45 player for his car when I was in high school. It mounted upside down under the dash. The 45 locked on the spindle, in much the same way as CDs do in a lot of those really thin laptop drives. The tonearm was balanced enough to have the arm go UP against the grooves. With too large a bump, it fell away from the record.