Which bands or songs do you like that make others hurl or run?

seti

In the same spirit of Oldmako's thread.

I listen to alot of music that drives some of my friends nuts. We end up listening to this music when no one else is around.

Nina Hagen. I find her interesting but very strange.

Lee Scratch Perry especially the song Roots Train Number One. The song is so infectous people end up with it in their heads for weeks.

Yoko.... nuff said.

Calypso. I have a massive collection of the stuff. My friends ask me not to put any of it on the bananna boat again. No I don't ever play that song.

Oh, probably too much, but I'd have to say anything by Gogol Bordello. I've yet to find anyone local to appreciate them. Check out "Start Wearing Purple", "Through the Roof and Underground", "Wanderlust King", "Oh No", or "Ultimate". Love em, too bad I can't convince anyone else. Someone check em out and let me know if I'm the crazy one...hahaha.

11_bordello_lg.jpg

Oh, probably too much, but I'd have to say anything by Gogol Bordello. I've yet to find anyone local to appreciate them. Check out "Start Wearing Purple", "Through the Roof and Underground", "Wanderlust King", "Oh No", or "Ultimate". Love em, too bad I can't convince anyone else. Someone check em out and let me know if I'm the crazy one...hahaha.

I saw Gorgol Bordello about 4-5years ago. It was a great show. They rock!

Ironsave,

Same here. A good portion of my music collection leans toward the thicker/heavier, but I own all genres.

Get into any Mastodon, Baroness, Meshuggah(their None EP is excellent), Big Business, or Lamb of God?

Pelican and Russian Circles, both from Chicago, are two bands that do heavier instrumentals.

Rock on!

The Title of the thread pretty much covers most of my music. Bunch of critics, who needs them.

Why just the other day, somebody hurled when I put on Marlene Dietrich, singing "Where Have All the Flowers Gone" in German with 100 plucking violins. It turned projectile when she sang "Little Drummer Boy" .

Cradle Of Filth

Slayer

SoulFly

Gamma Ray

Helloween

Exodus

I am a Metal head; but I do like most types of music. Yes

I remember playing Slayer back in the mid-eighties just to p*ss folks off. Even back then people hated Metallica...not as much as Slayer, but most would cringe when played.

I was at a spring fling band kegger thing once in 1986...everyone was passed out at dawn after many bands and beers. I was up all night and still drunk...anyways, I went and found the guy I knew who had a van with the loudest car stereo.

They are all passed out sleeping in the van, doors wide open. I jumped in the van, and threw Slayer "Live Undead" in the cassette deck and cranked it wide open.

Boy, talk about instantly p*ssed...I did mostly because the guy hated Slayer..heh

He rips the cassette out of the deck and throws it way out in the back 40. I go retreive it.

Some time later, I was listening to "Live Undead" in my car with a friend riding shotgun. Now he's fed up with hearing this cassette day in day out. He rips it out of the deck, pulls out some tape, wraps it around the car attenna and let it go. So much for "Live Undead"...

I remember playing Slayer back in the mid-eighties

Me too......I used to rip the knob off with that crap.

It was the shiz back then...... Now, Larry Carlton is shredding in my living room.[:o]