Heavy Duty Bass with minimal distortion

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great! I can only speculate as to the sound.

I guess you don't have any heating issues with the stacked Crowns on the left? (I think they have fans??)

I had my two crowns stacked like that but they don't have fans. The bottom one went into thermal protection mode before I figured it out. Now, I have some 2x2's between the bottom one and floor, more 2x2's lifting the top one off the bottom. They can breath much better and I've never my thermal light come on.

I guess you don't have any heating issues with the stacked Crowns on the left? (I think they have fans??)

They do have fans and I have never had any heat issues. The Crown amps seem to be idleing even at high volume levels. Very efficient speakers, very solid low end bass with minimal cone excursion, just incredible. Hard to describe, you just have to hear it........

I seriously doubt that the JL sub would be as clean

Kevin

I would like to send out a thanks to Roger Gordon, he found a 684 klipsch sub in Irving, TX and my brother Damon picked it up for him. He asked me if I would trade his 684 for a kp-600ec electronic crossover for the klipsch 600 system. I had a spare one, so we ended up trading and that's how I got two 684 subs for my jubilee system. Roger, can't wait for you to hear the system now........

Kevin

Wow, that is amazing - are you noticing any reflection problems with all of that hard wall and floor space? I have been contemplating some sound treatments and was wondering if you had noticed any need.

DO those magnets on the woofers not effect rear projectionscreens as they would an old CRT? I would assume that subs that big don't have any shielding, or am I wrong?

Sweet set-up at any rate!

B

Wow, that is amazing - are you noticing any reflection problems with all of that hard wall and floor space?

I would like to have carpet on the floor with a nice thick pad, I just haven't done it yet. On the side walls I have quite a few deer mounts which help to dampen the room somewhat.

DO those magnets on the woofers not effect rear projectionscreens as they would an old CRT?

I don't seem to have any problems associated with the magnets, but I am looking forward to getting rid of the old 70" Hitachi and replacing with HD. Thanks for the kind words.

Kevin

Time to lay those subs down against the front wall just below a 140" projection screen.[Y] You can paint the front wall with screen paint formula's you can get over at AVSforum.com and wrap your boards with black velvet and have a really big screen for 1/4 of what a TV will cost. You can put (4) 52" diagaonal TV's inside a 110" screen.

• Moderators

Yep....

You SUCK!

Big Smile

(Gorgeous system..... Thanks for sharing).

This is Kevin's small setup [:o] , I am not kidding, he could put on a concert, outside. [H]

Just think, Kevin's speakers and JC's speakers could fill a stadium with sound.

I bet that sounds great, when watching a movie and something explodes the whole room must shake with two of those subs.