Juicy Music Blueberry, What is Gain ?

davis419b

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of Mark's preamps have eq, other than the proper eq for the phono stages. The Blueberry also has two phono inputs. He is still on here regularly, and he has his gmail listed at:

http://www.juicymusicaudio.com/JuicyMusicAudio/Turning_the_lights_out_web_site.html

I'm sure that Mark would be happy to tell you the differences in the various models.

Bruce

THe extreme came with a remote and used the supertube so you really wouldnt be doing any tube rolling in the line stage. Before the extreme the tube in the line stage was the 6DJ8 a tube that there all kinds of rolling options. All blueberrys have a phono stage, the primary difference from the Peach.

Every version of the blueberry is great!

Josh

Should have looked at the link! The model you have has been updated in order to use the supertube so other than the remote and perhaps a little difference in the power supply it is like the extreme. The tube sounds great and does not have the noise issues found in a lot of 6DJ8's. You did good!

JND28

Should have looked at the link! The model you have has been updated in order to use the supertube so other than the remote and perhaps a little difference in the power supply it is like the extreme. The tube sounds great and does not have the noise issues found in a lot of 6DJ8's. You did good!

JND28

Thanks Josh, After USNRET and Fini said not to think just buy I knew it had to be good. I always take the advice of my piers ! I would like to find a set of monoblock tube amps to go with it I just dont know what to look for.

THe extreme came with a remote and used the supertube ...

Only the later ones. My BBX used the 6922/6DJ8 and had no remote.

Every version of the blueberry is great!

That'sthe important part. They are all good.

Bruce

I would like to find a set of monoblock tube amps to go with it I just dont know what to look for.

In my opinion the easy part is the selection, that would be new VRDs from NOS. I settled (heh, heh) for the stereo VRD.

As has been stated above, Mark Deneen is "TOP NOTCH" with advice and service. Like all of us he does have a life other than stereo but when he gets to his email bucket Mark has been super fast on responding and did not hesitate in helping me out when I bought a used Peach. In fact he still gives me advice on tube selection and any other questions I have. I paid that back in part by buying a new Tercel from him.

Since we are relatively close if, in the future, you want to try out what different tubes sound like let me know. I have a limited selection as I am just starting out (unlike those OTHERS on the forum that have a climate controlled storage room dedicated to valve storage) we could mail a couple back and forth.

ENJOY!

Don, The power supply in your Blueberry is the updated one. The only difference I see are the construction of the chassis and cabinet plus a remote. Sonically I could not tell it apart from my Extreme with the same tubes. You'll have no problems finding the knobs with the colored faceplate. Brian.

i have seen a grand total of 1 set of P cats for sale in the last 18 months . I would go straight th the VRDs without question or 2nd thought. Easy decision.

You will love the BB.

I'll bring my Pcats when I come over for that beer.[;)]

Wow- That is a rare jewel. You are very lucky to have them. I believe the pair I saw for sale was something like 4 grand or more and lasted less than a day.One person at the Ga gathering this week end had heard a pair or maybe even owned them- can't remember exactly-alcohol-. There was quite a bit of discussion concerning them The only downside was price and availability.I looked around for a pair early on after I bought my P2.. Not one response except for jokes. I woulg hazard a guess they they are among the toughest to buy amps on the planet.Wonder how many sets were made? If Mark made them then they must be outstanding. I would love to hear a pair.

Cigarbum also looked for a pair a while back- also gave up and bought VRDs

i have seen a grand total of 1 set of P cats for sale in the last 18 months . I would go straight th the VRDs without question or 2nd thought. Easy decision.

You will love the BB.

I am strongly considering the VRDs but do not know anything about them. What would they sell for in the used market if I could find them

The good news is that you can get a nice set for around 2 grand or sometimes even less which makes no sense considering the product.

Now the bad news- they are semi- hard to find. They sell immediately when offered. I put a WTB ad on the forum 60 dyas before I was going to have the cash from a comission check. I got a hit from a forum member who wanted a new set with more bells and whistles. People on this forum ane EXTREMELY GOOD about helping other members find stuff. In my year long off and on search for a used example I saw a total of 4 for sale. Some were package deals requiring the purchase of other components whid did not work because I - like you already had a JM pre.

My advice- run a want ad on the forum- be prepared to pay at the top of the used price range- around 2 grand for a minty unit. There is somebody out that wants a new or different AMP that will be willing to sell. There are very few dirtbags here so your risk factor is low. I have never had a bad expierence with a seller in 10k of purchases on the garage.. You could also contact Craig directly to see about a new pair- a little over 3k the last time I looked. There may be a Klipsch forum discount.

The VRD was built specifically for the klipsch heritage speaker line. You already got the preamp for it. You could hold out for a set of P cats but the chances of finding a set is somewhere between slim and none