Going to see Styx, Foreigner & Kansas tonight!

wuzzzer

I drove from Knoxville to Cincinnati a couple years ago to see a double header. Bad Company (with Paul Rodgers) was playing with Foreigner (with Lou Gramm).

I was actually going to see Bad Company and considered leaving prior to Foreigner. I was burned out on them from my younger days. They flip-flopped who was opening and who closed. This evening, Foreigner closed.

It would have been a mistake to have left. Foreigner absolutely tore it up and put on a fantastic show. I left happier to have seen Foreigner than I was Bad Co.

I've seen Styx & Kansas as well..... you should be in for a treat of an evening!

• Moderators

Sounds like fun, between those three they had alot of good out music back then. [Y]

The last time I heard any of those bands was about 5 years ago. We had gone to what was called Steel Pony Express which was a motorcycle show, it was about spread out over 20 acres and Styx was the band playing.

That's when I knew I was getting old when most of the DVD's I liked were Reunion tours, or the were back together after many years. [:$]

sounds cool. i think the order you listed will also be representative of how good they will be. I like kansas but, the last live CD i heard of theirs Live at the Whiskey--horrible vocals. Saw a Styx & REO Speedwagon DVD recently--it was actually pretty good. Was just listening to some Foreigner yesterday in the truck. Hope you enjoy the show.

As a teen in the late 70's and early 80's, Kansas,Styx,Journey,Foreigner, and REO Speedwagon(in that order), were by far my favorite bands. Steve Walsh in his prime was in total command of his vocals but overextending and hard living has destroyed his voice. Okay maybe not destroyed but has severly affected the quality. All these bands were really known for their lead singers with Steve Perry probably topping that list. It is nice to see most of the members of these groups involved somehow but really would kill to see Journey with Perry belting it out.

Bill

I enjoy the bands from the 70's/80's.

July 5th I am going to see Rush with my 21 year old son. The last time I saw Rush was back in the late 70's when I was in high school.

I also have tickets to see the Scorpions in August, Michael Schenker Group is the opening band.

July 5th I am going to see Rush with my 21 year old son. The last time I saw Rush was back in the late 70's when I was in high school

Getty Lee can't quite hit the high notes but can still pound the bass. Alex Lifeson is as good as ever. Neil Peart, one word, master. Pick up Rush:Snakes and Arrows on bluray as a tuneup before you go. Excellant concert disc.

Bill

I saw the Styx/Foreigner show about 2 years ago...no Kansas in the lineup then. Styx sounded better than Foreigner IMHO, was kinda dissapointed with that...Foreigner's replacement singer's stupid stage banter really annoyed me...if he is doing it, you will know what I am talking about. Good show though, glad I went, have a great time!

Getty Lee can't quite hit the high notes but can still pound the bass. Alex Lifeson is as good as ever. Neil Peart, one word, master. Pick up Rush:Snakes and Arrows on bluray as a tuneup before you go. Excellant concert disc.

My son gave me the Snakes and Arrows for fathers day, I feel that this better the the R30 DVD I own. I remember back in the day my chest pounding to Neil Peart's double bass drums, hopefully I can experience that again even though Neil is down to one bass drum.

Should be nice. Loved him with UFO. The way they start the live version of Doctor Doctor is amazing (i'm sure they change it up from time-to-time).

The best part of this concert is that they are playing at a small (4600 seat) theater venue.

For both concerts I have center section balcony seats, my son and I prefer acoustics over how close we are to the stage.

It was an awesome concert - easily one of the best I've seen! Started at 7pm and ended just before 11pm. One long night of rock!

Kansas was ok, they did about 45 minutes of songs. Dust in the Wind and a couple others I recognized.

Foreigner absolutely rocked the house! They opened with Double Vision, they also sang Dirty White Boys, Feels Like the First Time, I Wanna Know What Love Is, Jukebox Hero, Hot Blooded and many more. They played about an hour and 45 minutes.

Styx was excellent but I really don't like the guy that replaced Dennis DeYoung. Not sure who he is but he's a little eccentric on stage and I don't like his voice much. They opened with a little medley of a lot of their songs such as Mr. Roboto and a few others. They sang songs such as Come Sail Away, Miss America, Madame Blue.

My wife said it was the best concert she had ever been to. Defintely in the top 5 for me. She went out and bought 4 Foreigner CDs/DVDs today. I guess she really liked them!

Oh, I accidentally slept in past when my alarm went off this morning and got to work late. Whoops!

Several years ago I bought Styx Equinox CD, previously I originally owned this album on 8-track (don't laugh it was my very first stereo system). To this day when I listen to the CD I am waiting for the song to fade out to switch tracks. I can still tell (when I listen to it) which songs and exactly when it was about to switch tracks but of course the CD version doesn't switch tracks.

Glad you and your wife had a great time, unfortunately my wife and I don't have the same taste in music. At least my middle son and I share the same music taste.

It was an awesome concert - easily one of the best I've seen! Started at 7pm and ended just before 11pm. One long night of rock!

That is awesome!

Got me excited as Styx is going to be playing right here in my neighborhood in the middle of August! Of course, I am going to that show! In addition, I'll be seeing Rush in September as well. Just last week, I got to see Ted Nugent at that same venue and back in May, also got to see Cheap Trick. That Ted Nugent show turned out to be an awesome show. I was in the second row from the stage. I am also planning on seeing the Charlie Daniel's Band at that venue as well. To bad no Foreigner or Kansas with Styx, though.

Glad you had a good time at that show. Looking forward to seeing them myself as well!