using my La Scala for school holiday party

twu

Fun thread! My LaScala are in my theater which is 32'x18', but it opens up (with double doors) to the gameroom, which is also 32'x18'. So, 64x18' total. Not as large as your space or a gym, but I can say, without question, they will absolutely provide all you can handle from 60' back! With the music and event you are suggesting, subs aren't necessary.

Bad news, some people brought up concerns about the noise level with a bunch
of pre-schoolers running around and being able to talk without yelling so the consensus is to scale back on the
sound system. Instead of La Scalas, I will be using KG1s. Oh well. It's raining in Seattle today anyway and would have been difficult to haul them in my truck without getting them wet. I would would have loved to hear my La Scala in that hall. I feel my room is just not quite big enough at the moment to fully appreciate them. Next time.

post-39935-13819633966674_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'm volunteering my La Scala to provide music at my kid's school holiday party. This should be interesting. I'm curious how they'll sound in this hall.

My plan is to keep it simple, use my H/K 430 to drive them with an iPod/iPhone. Would that ok? Do I need a sub? We'll be playing mostly holiday/Christmas music. Any other suggestions/comments is appreciated.

how do you connect an ipod/iphone to the HD 430? i have the same receiver.

looks like the kids are gonna have plenty of fun with those LS rockin'

edit: nevermind, just saw the latest post about the LS not making it to the party.

Yes its G.Kennedy from Venice Ca. and he got those split La scalas from a guy in Palm Springs as I was a few days late contacting Dino the owner for them great photo.Yes

I remember G.Kennedy's photos in the desert, I would love to do the same around here someday except in the mountains or forest.

I think all La Scala owners should aspire to do what G.Kennedy did. Take them to a remote location and let them sing.

• Like 1

I've used that cable on my party rig, the audio is fine. No noise, no problems. I do have to confess however that there's not a lot of critical listening going on at most of my parties.

Me too. Works great with my laptop. Pandora or just put WMP on shuffle......set it and forget it......music all night long. It sounds quite good but the critical listening goes to my Jolida tube cdp. [Y]