Opinion on Chorus ll

gagelle

I looked at the home site but did not see them there. Seems to me I did see them posted on this form some time ago. I would expect that the response graphs would not tell you much as they probably look almost identical. The difference was a larger passive from the Forte to Forte ll along with the upgrade to the Tractrix mid horn while the Chorus went from reflex vents to a 15" passive and the same Tractrix mid horn.Adding vent tubes to a Chorus (around 7 inches long) is an easy woth while upgrade which can be reversed if so desired.Regards Moray James.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are located by looking up the speaker Chorus 1 or II, Forte 1 or II, on the Klipsch website. Then download the owners manual which is available in a PDF format I believe.

What they have listed that I have seen is too small for the Chorus II. The Chorus I is not there.

Well I spoke too soon. Thanks for the link willland

I own both Chorus II's and Cornwall II's and if I had to make a choice I would keep the Chorus II's. That would have been the cae even before the Crites upgrades. As mentioned earlier, room type, amplification etc all have an impact on the outcome. That my Chorus are located at my weekend house MIGHT have something to do with it. [;)]

I never imagined that my question would set off such a debate. In any case, I picked up a pair of mint Forte 1s for $425. These speakers sound incredible, surpassing anything I expected. I noticed that a problem with buying these large speakers is shipping cost. I drove 3 hours each way to get the Fortes. I can understand why some people don't want to go through the trouble of packing and shipping some of the big speakers. Living in a large city helps.

I lucked out and picked up a pair of Forte1 speakers for $425. They're in mint condition and the sound far surpasses anything I expected. I had to drive 3 hours each way to pick them up but it was definitely worth the trip. The fellow didn't want to part with them but he needed the money.

I'm amazed at some of the bargains out there for used Klipsch speakers. The big problem, as I see it, is shipping. Some people simply don't want to pack and ship these big speakers. Living an a large city helps.

I followed Bill's advice and bought an academy for a center channel. After getting the Fortes, my Synergy C1 sounded feeble.I just realized that I have a Klipsch addiction.

I never imagined that my question would set off such a debate.

Me too... [8-)]

I picked up a pair of mint Forte 1s for $425.

Good deal! [<:o)]

Chris

Wow, I was expecting some comments after the graphs were posted. Looking at these bring up a lot of questions IMO. 1. Looking at the Cornwall response it doesnt look to be as sensitive as either Chorus model. 2. The Chorus II seems to be heads and shoulders above the Cornwall II in the bass management which my ears cant confirm. 3. I wonder why Klipsch didnt try and use the updated mid out of the Chorus II when they re-released the Cornwall III ?....maybe they did......

The Heresy III and the Cornwall III still use the old style Exponential horn for the mid driver despite using the Ti diaphramed driver. There must be a reason they didnt try and incorporate the Tractix horn for the mids, especially since there would be plenty of room for it with the large Cornwall cabinet.

The Heresy III and the Cornwall III still use the old style Exponential horn for the mid driver despite using the Ti diaphramed driver. There must be a reason they didnt try and incorporate the Tractix horn for the mids, especially since there would be plenty of room for it with the large Cornwall cabinet.

Good point. I wonder why they didn't use a Tractix horn for the mids being there's plenty of room for it with the large Cornwall cabinet?

That Chorus II graph looks great! I listened to my Chorus II last night and they sounded so very nice!

I live in Fresno CA which is a small city. The bay area is about a 3 hour drive and LA about 4 hours, although I don't mind the drive for a good deal. It's very rare to find used Klipsch speakers in my area.

Oh good, another Central Valleyan on the Forum. Welcome, and congratulations on your find! I used to own a pair of Forte 1s and they're great speakers. Now you get to find out what amp you like best with them, and discover how surprisingly well-recorded some of your CDs are, and how surprisingly badly done others are. ;-)

It's good to know there are some others in the central valley.

The Fortes sound incredible. They're so good that I had to make some changes to my system. I needed to get a better center channel so I bought a used Academy as Bill recommended. I also bought a used RW 12D sub. I read some great reviews about this speaker on this blog. I already have a Harman Kardon AVR 3600 which has a nice clean sound. Although lately I've discovered that many on this blog use the Emotiva products. (Their best amps are sold out until February)

My only problem is my Epic CF3 speakers that I'm using in the rear. They require much more power than the Fortes. I let my receiver automatically adjust the volume levels but I may have to manually adjust the Epics. I realize that I would do much better with another pair of Fortes, but I'm attached to the Epics. They were my first Klipsch speakers and look absolutely beautiful. (I may eventually use them in another room.)

Thanks for your help and advice.