A Few Words about Klipsch and Audiovox, from the company President

I know there have been many questions and concerns about how Klipsch might change under the ownership of Audiovox. Here is what I can contribute:

I've spent the past 20 years making Klipsch my life. Music has always been part of my core. It's not likely either of these things will change.

During those years, consumer electronics, the music industry, and Klipsch have all been in constant transformation. Under Audiovox, our evolution will continue. However, the core values of Klipsch have remained constant since the founding in 1946: premium, high performance sound. Even today we are experiencing a resurgence of high end American craftsmanship in unique, high performance audio products. Our factory in Hope, Arkansas is currently at capacity of manufacturing for the first time in 10 years.

One of the key motivators in Audiovox's decision to partner with Klipsch is our dedication and commitment to the high performance audio experience and premium brand position. Audiovox is a global leader in CE based entertainment systems, particularly hi-end car audio. Their 47 years experience in delivering high performance systems is a key reason Porsche, BMW, and Bentley have chosen to make Audiovox a supplier of choice in their in car experience programs. Audiovox has a proven track record regarding acquisitions of premium companies, maintaining their commitment to performance, quality, and the essential understanding for these companies to maintain their unique DNA. Among these are Oehlbach, Heco, Mac Audio, Schwaiger, and Magnat, to name a few.

Ultimately time will tell, but in my humble view this transformative action puts Klipsch group, our employees, and our business partners on a path to maintain and grow our global leadership in high performance sound. I ask our supporters to give this a chance. I, for one, would never have gone along with the change unless it was clear just how beneficial this transaction would be to our future.

Paul

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Even today we are experiencing a resurgence of high end American craftsmanship in unique, high performance audio products. Our factory in Hope, Arkansas is currently at capacity of manufacturing for the first time in 10 years.

Now that is something to be proud of. Amazing in this current enviroment. Seriously cool. JBL sadlly closes it's legendary Northridge plant and the Hope plant is at capacity for the 1st time in 10 years. Awesome job.

One of the key motivators in Audiovox's decision to partner with Klipsch is our dedication and commitment to the high performance audio experience and premium brand position. Audiovox is a global leader in CE based entertainment systems, particularly hi-end car audio. Their 47 years experience in delivering high performance systems is a key reason Porsche, BMW, and Bentley have chosen to make Audiovox a supplier of choice in their in car experience programs.

Hmmmm. When we were all going nuts and thought the Klipsch sky was falling... none of the doomsdayers, myself in cluded, I did try to be optimistic, said anything about that. Apparentlly nobody reallly researched Audiovox. Thankfully, to the best of my knowledge, no Klipsch fans were hurt jumping out of their basement windows.

Audiovox has a proven track record regarding acquisitions of premium companies, maintaining their commitment to performance, quality, and the essential understanding for these companies to maintain their unique DNA. Among these are Oehlbach, Heco, Mac Audio, Schwaiger, and Magnat, to name a few.

I know of Magnat and may have heard of Heco and Mac Audio but not Oehlback and Scheaiger. Maybe European brands or at least very good stuff I don't know of.

We were all complaining about Audiovox running companies into the ground but in all fairness, Jensen, AR, Advent,etc I think were nothing but a brand when Audiovox bought them. When it comes to speakers with the brain power at KAT, these brands could be revivied if desired.

Apparently there has been one casuality since the parnering:

1588497.ashx

Amy's on vacation a week and the engineers get out of control....

Even today we are experiencing a resurgence of high end American craftsmanship in unique, high performance audio products. Our factory in Hope, Arkansas is currently at capacity of manufacturing for the first time in 10 years.

Now that is something to be proud of. Amazing in this current enviroment. Seriously cool. JBL sadlly closes it's legendary Northridge plant and the Hope plant is at capacity for the 1st time in 10 years. Awesome job.

Fwiw, this Thread was started on March 8th when VOXX was trading at $8 a share and now at less than $6 a share my guess is the outlook isn't as rosy, even though I would gladly like to be proven wrong.

• 1 year later...
While looking at a link to:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klipsch_Audio_TechnologiesI just found out about the sale to Audiovox. Wow.....

First, let me compliment the many employees at Klipsch who have ALWAYS assisted us. I just completed my first big Klipsch equipment buying road trip in a long time. The lady in Houston with the single Belle that I bought had so many nice things to say about the folks that called her back from Klipsch. Real customer service on a product line that very few people buy new anymore. Meaning, the company likely loses some money on folks like us. Yet, they maintain the server for Forums like this and there is always someone around at Indy (and Hope) to help us out. At a time when the economy is in the hole and sales must be poor, we can only compliment management. Yup, the pilgrimage seems a bit messed up this year, but how many companies actually do anything like this? (Very few)

How and why Fred Klipsch put up with all of our communal whining is beyond me (based on when I was active on the Forums and did my Indy and Hope trips around 2009 +/-). But he did put with us. I have no clue as to what has happened at Klipsch in last 3-4 years. I hope Audiovox has been good to folks and the former Klipsch company.

Let's face it, the company has to make a product that folks want to buy and at a price folks will pay. Beyond local "audioheads" no-one wants the old large footprint and pricey (as new) Heritage line, when they think a 12" sub and satellites for under $500-1000 are good enough. I tried for years to get younger friends to attend our local audio meetings with no luck at all. The market has changed...maybe we have not. I get emails about some of the new products. Clearly there is no marketing to compete with Bose and BeatsAudio, but remember folks, that is where the market and the money lies these days (please feel free to correct me if I am incorrect). PWK never made stuff for the masses, but maybe that time has come, Be realistic, bills have to be paid. My 2 cents.... (repost)