RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

One thing you all should check is the ports on the back of your RF-7II's. When I unboxed mine I heard a rattle inside. I peaked in the port holes and both tubes on both speakers had came off and were laying in the bottom of the enclosure. The glue had just let go, I suppose from sitting in a hot warehouse or something. They looked fine from the outside, and all I did was reglue them and slide them back in place. I fixed it before I ever hooked them up, but I'm sure it would make a difference. Especially at high volume. Also some of the foam had sagged and was blocking the ports which I repositioned as well.

Maybe this has already been mentioned, it's a pretty big thread. I just figured if it happened to all four of mine, I'm probably not the only one...

2. The rf7ii absolutely does not need 200 watts to "sing". They are extremely efficient 101db. 3.

I was saying at least 200 wpc to really get the power need for the woofers to show off their awesome low end. And even then i know its not just the power but the quality of the amp too. The speakers will certainly run off less powered amps and still sound good, just not at their optimum.

You would think by the looks of it it would sound boomy but glad it doesn't. In my master bedroom HT setup, I have an RW-10d sitting in my TV armoire and it too is not boomy at all. The RW is not the most musical sub but their truly is no boominess with this placement.

Bill

I can see in your situation the RW series would work, but isn't the RW-10d front-firing whereas the RSW-15 has an active rear driver? The RSW-15 is an EXCELLENT sub but it has been reported that too close to a boundary makes it sound boomy and in an enclosed location like that it would appear could suffer the same consequences.

kinda hoping it did sound boomy so i could order the SVS PB-13 ( 155lbs ) soon or maybe the PB-12 Plus ( 127lbs ) then i could have dual rsw's in one room. those svs sub are so heavy

Yes

hey reference, your room is sweet, is that 2 ultras or 2 PB-12's

i have the 809 running my rf 7lls and i think it sounds amazing. i honestly couldnt be happier, before with the 62s i could never really hear a difference in sound quality going from like a cable source to a Blu ray HD master track and im here to tell you that it is an amazing difference. It is such a huge difference iin sound quality that i have begun rewatching every hd master blu ray i own just to re listen. i have always read that some people could hear differences in the audio formats, well i always called it BS untill i hooked these up. i honestly dont like watching movies on tv anymore because of the muffled sound they have compared to a lossless hd.

my next question if you order a B stock 7 does it come labeled as a B stock 7...im just wondering because im lookin at B stock pictures and my A stock (?) seem to look just as dark. i was assured they were A stock but really its hard to trust people over the phone. it does look a maybe a shade darker than the 64 in some angles as well. my labels just read rf 7 ll

Also i plan on running a emo amp just for good measure in the coming weeks. i dont trust the onkyo running 7.1 with the big 7's in there now

You would think by the looks of it it would sound boomy but glad it doesn't. In my master bedroom HT setup, I have an RW-10d sitting in my TV armoire and it too is not boomy at all. The RW is not the most musical sub but their truly is no boominess with this placement.

Bill

I can see in your situation the RW series would work, but isn't the RW-10d front-firing whereas the RSW-15 has an active rear driver? The RSW-15 is an EXCELLENT sub but it has been reported that too close to a boundary makes it sound boomy and in an enclosed location like that it would appear could suffer the same consequences.

kinda hoping it did sound boomy so i could order the SVS PB-13 ( 155lbs ) soon or maybe the PB-12 Plus ( 127lbs ) then i could have dual rsw's in one room. those svs sub are so heavy

Yes

hey reference, your room is sweet, is that 2 ultras or 2 PB-12's

Thanks a lot budman. They

are 12s.

you gotta love R&L. i live an hour away from my R&L dock and the girl there personally called Mike ( she already had the number ) at ASD to see if they could hold them there so i could drive and pickup. ain't no way i was letting them sit on the dock for days. came in thursday night and i wasn't going to get them till monday. picked up friday morning.

Tonight I will be picking up a RT-12D to pair up with my RT-10D. How do you guys think these will blend together and will these be enough to go with my RF-7IIs? I can't imagine them not being enough, but then again, I think that the output of the subs needs to be much greater than the output of bass on the mains. Any input?