RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

i have them set to large and i have two subs as well, and my sub's shake the whole house. If i set to small my sub's will play even more? LOL. guess i would have to try that out then. Thanks guy's. I guess it comes down to taste then.

Want to know if these are too big in sound and size for my living room. I have a 19.5 x 19.5 room with a

Mits 92840 DLP, add in 2 recliners and 1 couch and right now I sit about 10 feet from the TV but with the

size of these speakers I could see pushing the TV another 3 feet back. So would the sound of these monster

speakers overwhelm the room or me? I play alot of Xbox, watch movies and play alot of music either internet radio,

mp3's or concert dvd's or blu's. Also I want to add the RC-64 ii center channel as well and a sub. I really like my

music loud and love my bass and right now I have a set of GoldenEar Triton Towers and they sound fantastic but just

don't have that volume I wanted.

Thanks

Hey wanted to say awesome setup.. I had the Mits 82837 and just earlier this year upgraded to the 92840 with the Clear Contrast Screen, and I can say is it was holy crap improvement. The colors are so much more vibrant and bright with that new screen, so if you get and chance check one out you will love it.

Thanks

Thanks for responses.. one more question its about Amp, I will be using my current Yamaha RX-A3000 recevier with a complete Klipsch 5.1 system including the RF-7ii and the 64 center channel.. is this enough juice to do them justice? Cause I don't know the first thing about amps, I was looking at the 3 channel Emotiva XPA-3 and looks pretty straight forward to hookup.

Thanks

Rustolem

I doubt that 140wpc is all 5 channels driven. It wouldn't be a bad idea to try an xpa-5 if you are going 5.1. It can probably do 3 channel without much issue though I'd imagine. Listen to it, and if you can't drive it to the volumes you like, get an amp. My onkyo 809 (135 wpc) drives my 2 rf-7 ii's pretty well. I got an xpa-2 just to see if I can blow the roof off the house.

Honestly your receiver is enough to drive those speakers. Unless your room is huge and you need to play them very loud then you won't need an external amp. If you decide you want an external amp anyway then the emotiva is as straightforward as you get. No gain control.... only a power button. Super easy.

I doubt that 140wpc is all 5 channels driven. It wouldn't be a bad idea to try an xpa-5 if you are going 5.1. It can probably do 3 channel without much issue though I'd imagine. Listen to it, and if you can't drive it to the volumes you like, get an amp. My onkyo 809 (135 wpc) drives my 2 rf-7 ii's pretty well. I got an xpa-2 just to see if I can blow the roof off the house.

Obviously adding and xpa-5 is not gonna hurt anything except your wallet. It's a nice amp and not a bad price either. However if your only doing 5.1 then the xpa-3 would give you 200 watts to the front stage and your avr would give you 140 watts to your surrounds. I wouldn't call it overkill...... but you'll never need all that power. I would try listening to your system first before adding and amp. Then you can decide for yourself. In my space I don't notice a difference between my xpa-5 (sold it) and just my Onkyo amps.

I'm running 2 Adcom amps a 5802 2 (300 wpc) and a 5503 for the surounds (200 wpc) and I sometimes use it all for movies and music. My area is about 25 x 20 feet. Plus I have a Velodyne 300 wpc 15" sub. Bottom line you can never have enough power especially with some of the dynamic range of some of the movies out there,

My onkyo 809 (135 wpc) drives my 2 rf-7 ii's pretty well. I got an xpa-2 just to see if I can blow the roof off the house.

I'm shopping for a new AVR with pre outs or a pre/pro and amp for my new RF7IIs. I demo'd the 809 yesterday at my local audio store. The largest ref. speakers they stock are the RF82's but this Onkyo sounded very nice on them.

They are selling these NIB for 699.00 and I would like to get some opinions. I've never owned any Onkyo equipment so any thoughts are much appreciated!

It's a good receiver, plenty of power. It has Audyssey MultiEQ, though I never got audyssey tuned in how I like it. ( I currently have it off ). Only downside if you have a sub is now multieq xt32 which has better bass management for that. Overall a good AVR, 699 is a decent price, I think I paid 799 for mine a few months ago.