RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

I just noticed at a few places I can get the RF7II's at or under 2K but I think they are "B" stock... but never the less they would fit the bill. I also agree each has thier differnace in opinion as each has there own taste/style. I was just curious to see if any RF7II owners upgraded from the KG series as to what they thought as if they noticed a huge improvement is all. I just would hate to drop 2k or more to realise there would be only a little improvement is all as I sure most could relate to that :).

My guess is that it wouldn’t be a

huge improvement over your kg 5.5. Only because I don’t think improvement would

be the right word. They will definitely sound different and only you can decide

if it’s a better different or not. I have

heard the 5.5 and they are very nice sounding speakers. I’m sure you’re very

happy with them.

If you’re just wanting a nice change

or something new that at the same time is a step up in quality from what you

have. Imo the rf-7ii would probably fit that.

I only wish I had a chance to listen to them in town here but of course no such luck :(

It might be worth a shot to post your location. There might be an RF7II owner near you that would be happy to let you audition theirs.

I actually had the 5.5's before I got the 7's. They are an improvement to be sure, are they twice the performance of the 5.5's? No I don't think so, however, they are a very good speaker, and since they are the most recent in the reference line, it's easy to make a ht outta them because all the speakers are available right now. I got my whole system from Mike, ( a very nice guy to deal with btw ) and I couldn't be happier. Just make sure you have some gear to properly power those bad boys, any they'll serve you well for a long time.

True, also for me it was difficult to find any reviews of the RF7-II's ! 2 months ago I wanted to upgrade my monitors (Def Tech Promonitor 1000) in my HT-setup and at a local dealer I heared the RF7-II for the first time ... waaauw, what a sound, so pure, so honoust ... and loud! with authority is desired.

They don't come cheap here in Europe, so it took a while for me to make a decision on that. I went again to the store and took my Onkyo 875 HT-receiver because I wanted to hear if it could make the RF7's "sing" enough ;-).

The Onky 875 (THX Ultra 2) is not "just-a-ht-receiver" but has a serious power-stage, large caps, lot's of nifty features.

We connected the Onkyo, put it into "Pure Audio" mode (no bass-management, no Audyssey) and the sound that came out of the RF7's was just wonderfull ! Really!

...for a long, long time to come, I don't think I need any other speakers for sure...

So today, my HT-room has 2 x RF7-II with the RC64-II and I love it. For music I use the Logitech Squeezebox Duet with digital link to the Onkyo.

My subwoofer is the allmighty SVS PB13 ;-)

I have the grill on them, and they look good without too, but in a dark HT room, anything else then black works distracting ;-)

From the sidewalls, now there about 100cm (3ft) and about 3.5ft from the backwall).With the ports on the back ... not a good idea to put them too close...

HT with RF7-II

Congratulations on your new purchase. I'm sure you will enjoy them for many years to come.

Very nice looking room by the way. [Y] I would however get the center higher to ear level but just my opinion.

Enjoy!!

Altough the center looks to be very low, it works very good in terms of soundimage. When watching movies, music/speech seems to come (strangly enough) from "straight ahead" despite the box setting on the floor.

I was thinking about (self) making a center-speaker stand but so far no need to ;-)

I hemmed and hawed about upgrading my floor speakers for quite a while, but I had my eye on the RF-7IIs after hearing them at a friend's place out in Portland (he lived in a house with a heck of a yard, so he could let them rip). I came upon a deal from an online retailer at www.acousticsounddesign.com selling brand new speakers that had been labeled "B Stock" because the cherry veneer was deemed too dark by the QC folks and saved a considerable amount. I had my reservations about dropping that much on a "less than perfect" set, but I have to say that I am nothing but pleased. Call it cognitive dissonance, but I actually like the darker grain better. If you're on the fence about that lot of speakers, my guess is that you'll be pretty pleased with the purchase. I just wish I didn't live in an apartment so I could really give them some juice!

Anyone in the market for a RF-7iis should also check out the store at AVSforum.com. They are an authorized etailer and I was more than happy with my purchase.

I have watched a few movies since swapping out my JBL Northridge series speakers with the new Reference line and am enjoying the detail the new set up delivers. My room is huge, so my old JBL's never had a chance.

Since we're supposed to load a pic.

I hemmed and hawed about upgrading my floor speakers for quite a while, but I had my eye on the RF-7IIs after hearing them at a friend's place out in Portland (he lived in a house with a heck of a yard, so he could let them rip). I came upon a deal from an online retailer at www.acousticsounddesign.com selling brand new speakers that had been labeled "B Stock" because the cherry veneer was deemed too dark by the QC folks and saved a considerable amount. I had my reservations about dropping that much on a "less than perfect" set, but I have to say that I am nothing but pleased. Call it cognitive dissonance, but I actually like the darker grain better. If you're on the fence about that lot of speakers, my guess is that you'll be pretty pleased with the purchase. I just wish I didn't live in an apartment so I could really give them some juice!

post-57025-13819737828272_thumb.jpg

post-57025-13819768484744_thumb.jpg

post-57025-13819795471462_thumb.jpg

Hey Paprocki, nice looking speakers! Just think, in a couple of years, the A stock cherry speakers will darken. So, your speakers will look like everyone else's, lol. The SQ is what counts. I live in a house and still can't over juice my RF 7's, lol.