marantz 2230 vs newer marantz? which is more musical?

quadklipsh

a lot of models emerge every year and the choosing gets difficult .

if it comes down to marantz for stereo ,i wonder what difference does latest models bring compared to say the 2230 model ?????

the 7003 and the likes in prticular.

here in lahore , the price of a marantz starts around Rs.50000/ goin upto 150,000/....

but the 2230 or 2285 can be had for around a fraction of that price !!!! maybe sy 5000/ to say the least ....

Since audio quality is totally subjective, the only way to make that determination is with your own ears. And if you have the opportunity to audition multiple receivers/amps with the same speakers, etc, be sure that the listening levels are matched extremely closely. Failure to do that will result in the slightly louder sound being perceived as "better."

the old kills the new for music.

Especially in the way of seperates. Does Marantz even make power amplifiers anymore? It seems like all I see are AVR's and integrated amps from them in the last few years. [:^)]

Does Marantz even make power amplifiers anymore? It seems like all I see are AVR's and integrated amps from them in the last few years. Huh?

From my understanding, their Reference series of integrated amps and seperates are top shelf.

M_SM-11S1_D.pngM_SC-11S1_D.pngM_PM-11S2_D.png

Pretty cool looking also.

Bill

cmon guys , cmon , bump in your marantz views

Hey Doc, I bet if you asked this in the "Home Theater" section, you would get more responses. [^o)]

A lot of folks have Marantz HT Receivers, they are a good value. But when you step up to those pretty ones above, diminishing returns kicks in. Those beautiful separates and integrated amps are a little pricey and there are a lot of choices in that price range, so fewer are sold.

Older Marantz gear is great with Klipsch, I've heard it around here many, many times. [Y]

Dennie

Pretty cool looking also.

Wow, you can say that again. Yes

I drool over those when ever I look through my "Music Direct" catalog. All kind of toys and lots and lots of music. drinkingcheers.gif

If you are not receiving "your" catalog every year, then sign up here ----> CLICK HERE (opens in new window)

Dennie

They have some great looking new stuff. My 2238B sounds nice and warm and my SR5003 sounds really nice when I play it in Pure Direct.......I guess only your ears will be able to answer your question.

If you are playing in Pure Direct mode, aren't you simply bypassing all the SR5003's processing that makes the Marantz sound what it is???

Although the new Marantz line seems highly regarded I have yet to see a review from a regular joe. So basically if you want to know you better buy both and compare. I would really love to have the PM15S2 and have seriously considered it but I'm very pleased with my 2245 for the time being so I think I will wait. Not to mention I just purchased a Classe integrated, a luxman receiver and a set of Altec model 19's so I better back off the wallet for a bit. They are beautiful though!!

They have some great looking new stuff. My 2238B sounds nice and warm and my SR5003 sounds really nice when I play it in Pure Direct.......I guess only your ears will be able to answer your question.

If you are playing in Pure Direct mode, aren't you simply bypassing all the SR5003's processing that makes the Marantz sound what it is???

I don't know but, what ever it does it sounds very good and I only use pure direct when I go 2 channel.

I would really love to have the PM15S2 and have seriously considered it but I'm very pleased with my 2245 for the time being so I think I will wait

wow,

does that somehow mean the 2245 series of oldy marantz is still holding its flag upright to the latest like the PM 15s2.....??????

id be damned !!!!

[;)]

im surely glad to be owning a 2230 ....

it surely is better than a lot of newbies out there ....

Well I can't honestly say as I have yet to audition the PM15S2 but I am very satisfied with my 2245. It's similar to the 2230 but has tighter bass and more precise highs. The 2230 is definately more tube sounding. Either way you slice it Marantz and Klipsch are a match made in heaven.

marantz 2230 ,tube sounding , they may say,but i wouldnt know till I own a proper tube amp for speakers.

but last night I compared jvc and marantz and the sound of jvc is very precise and tight but to me and my uncle,the marantz sound was so much velvety n soft and pleasing. jvc felt dry. and clinical.

cmon guys , cmon , bump in your marantz views

Hey QuadK,

I'm glad you are having fun with you vintage receiver, that's the key. We all like music and if it sounds good to you, then that's job finished as far as I am concerned. However, since you asked...There is way more room for you, up the audio chain, you have just only begun the life long journey. Your next step is a nice integrated then after that you'll be ready for separates. Each step is a new awakening. Powerful changes are in your future.

About 4-5 months ago; I got treated to a Rolling Stones Concert on DVD at Big Cliff's house.

He had a Marantz receiver and Chorus IIs.

I was simply blown away..... It sounded better than great.

I believe Cliff now has a new HK receiver pushing that setup......

Great sounds; and a great time was had.....