Hasn't it gone quiet in here recently....

maxg

Hi everybody,

I actually spend almost all my free time in the planning and building of a no-holds barred 45-VT52-SV811/3A amp. Wish me luck! Always wanted to see what 1,5W of triode power could do to horns, especially combined to parallel feed OPT's.

Will post extensive description with photos once the project is finished.

See you,

Aristidis

www.aca.gr/pop_coumpas.htm

You'll like it, Arco.

I heard me a homebrew 45 triode amp.

SWEET!

Please post your results.

I have a schematic for a 45,2A3 triode, but it has no power supply listed in the schematic.

It may take me the rest of my life, but I'm gonna figure out how to build a pair of these pups.

Amazing what a watt and a half can sound like.

THANX!

I've just been too busy to post anything worthwhile, but I'll have to make time with all the changes I've been making to my system.

------------------

Deanf>s>

Cary AE-25f>s>SuperAmp,f>s>- Sonic Frontiers Line 1 - Sony DVP-S9000ES - Klipsch RF7's -

SVS 20-39 CS Plus - Samson S1000 - HSU Research electronic crossover - MIT/Monsters

f>s>

Inside every small problem is a large problem struggling to get outf>c>s>-- 2nd Law of Blissful Ignorancef>s>c>

This message has been edited by deang on 05-01-2002 at 02:22 PM

I have been away for the last 3 weeks hanging out on www.Corvetteforum.com trying to sell my modified '92, and purchase the ZR-1 I have always wanted. Neither has happened yet, so I decided to pay a visit today to this board and all hell has broken loose. Smile.gif Jim Cornell has sold his Cornwalls in favor of the Chorus's, Mobile's gone for good and there seems to be a new member who spent some time with PWK in the late 70's and early 80's, who has some nice stories from days gone by.

Speaking of Mobile, I'll be playing golf in Myrtle Beach for the next 6 days and will try to get together with him while I'm there. I left a message for him and hope to hear back by the end of the day. Will keep you posted. BTW, did I miss anything else? Biggrin.gif

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

This message has been edited by Mike Lindsey on 05-02-2002 at 11:54 AM

Mike,

Please tell Kelly I said 'hi'

------------------

Deanf>s>

Cary AE-25f>s>SuperAmpf>s> - Sonic Frontiers Line 1 - Sony DVP-S9000ES - Klipsch RF7's

SVS 20-39 CS Plus - Samson S1000 - HSU Research elec. crossover - MIT/Monsters

f>s>

Inside every small problem is a large problem struggling to get outf>c>s>-- 2nd Law of Blissful Ignorancef>s>c>

Hey guys, nice to catch up. I've been away too ... Dad finally succumbed last Saturday, so I'm down here in Hilton Head trying to sort through things.

Say "hi" to Mobile for me, as well!

Thanks ...

------------------

"Bullsh*t!"

-PWK-

---------------------

TWO-CHANNEL SYSTEM

Eico HF-81

Eico HFT-90

AES AE-25 "Superamp" (in temporary retirement)

AES AE-3 Pre-amp (in temporary retirement)

New Tube 4000 CD Player

1976 Klipschorns (KCBR's & ALK'ed)

HOME THEATER

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

If - as has been suggested - Mobile Homeless is gone - MH will be sorely missed. Others will fill the void that this departure has created but MH offered an unusual depth in technical knowledge and is obviously an exceptionaly talented website designer. MH's expertise in the area of vacuum tube amplification will be sorely missed.

Hopefully Kelly will return to the fold.

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

Chris Robinson

Sorry to hear of your loss.Hope all is going well !!!!

I personally thought MH would already be back. I'm sure he will surface here sooner or later.

------------------

HH Scott 299 Amp

HH Scott LT-110B Tuner

HH Scott P-87 Turn Table

Grado cartridge

Sony CDP315 CD Drive

1985 Walnut Heresey I

KSW-15 Subs>c>

Chris: Please add my condolences to all the other Klipsch board members for your loss.

Mike: Welcome back! Tell Kelly to at least poke his head in here once in a while and say hello.( Although I realize that may not happen!)

Mike

Hi people. I always read these post almost every day. they are so helpfull. I have a set of k-horns powered by a nice old g7700 sansui reciever I bought new around 1982. IM looking to upgrade my radio shack speaker wires to somthing better, thats my next project.Other than that I collect picture disc, I love them, I got a meatloaf bat out of hell the other week it is a great looking album.Futerplans I want to do is add a sunfire sub to my k-horn when I get the money.Keep up the posts, thanks all.

Thanks, everybody, for the condolences. He was only accutely sick for a week or so and amazingly, he had no major pain to speak of. Liver/lung cancer can be agonizing, but he was blessedly spared all that.

We had a family reunion which he participated in just a few weeks ago, and following that, I think he felt it was time to move on.

Thanks for the comforting words. Really appreciate it.

Chris

Hi Chris, sorry to have lagged on the sentiments but I have been away for the past few....

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept my sincerest condolences as well as best wishes for you and your family at this time. My grandmother went by way of liver cancer. Although it is hideous, like you said, it was a quick 'process' sparing her from the agony of a long treatment regime.

Take care.

------------------

Ed

Hi guys,

I just got back from Myrtle Beach and am sad to report I did not get a chance to get together with mobile. For those of you who have been there for a golf trip, I'm sure you can certainly understand. Thirty-Six a day for 5 days can take a toll on you and I just didn't have the time to go down and see him. However, I'm glad to see he is still missed by others around here (I'm sure he is too).

Chris - I'm very sorry to hear about your father's passing. You and your family have my condolences. Cancer of any kind is a horrible disease (I lost my father and grandmother to lung cancer). My girlfriend has been battling breast cancer for the last 10 months (they removed her right breast, and she had 6 months of chemo and 7 weeks of radiation), but they just found another tumor on her right side last week. We will find out today the results of the biopsy. Please say a prayer for us...

Mike

I haven't checked this thread in a few weeks.

Chris, sorry to hear of your loss. I know what it is like to lose parents. I have lost both of mine. My father was less lucky than yours. His systems shut down on a Thursday morning, and he told the Doc he wanted to go home to die...he struggled to keep going in terrible pain, still keeping a sense of humor...finally giving up in the wee hours of the following Monday morning. I can just picture my father and yours hanging around with Mr. Paul, having a beer, giving each other a "mutual harassment" humorous hard time, and tinkering with the sound system up there right now...trying to get it right for when those saints come marching in. I know that would be heaven for all three of them!

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.