Things Fathers Want For Fathers Day

What do you Dads out there really want!!?

I want....

My son to continue his straight A's in school, and this summer get more swimming meet awards (accomplished yesterday!! 3rd Freestyle, 1st Breastroke, and 1st Backstroke).

My daughter to continue to do well in college (Doing it)

My wife to let me do the main course and cook the steak.... (It's Father's Day, so I can grill a big one!!)

Peace and quiet.... (Allow me man cave stuff and I'll continue of chores and household repairs/ mods tomorrow)

I don't want:

Presents, gifts, cards, etc. Don't need the commercial trappings... Got enough toys and I know my family loves me.

What about you?

[H]

Marshall,

Those are incredible wishes that I am sure they are coming true.

I don't want:

Presents, gifts, cards, etc. Don't need the commercial trappings... Got enough toys and I know my family loves me.

What about you?

I told Bridgit no presents for me, I have enough toys(sounds familiar) and all I want is some time to play with them. Which I do get.

A loving family who wants quality time with me is the best gift I could ever ask for.

Happy Father's Day to you sir,

Bill

Let me know when it's good to take a drive to visit the new and improved "McInWall of VooDoo"?

• Moderators

I think you covered it pretty well except for the son part for me.

A+

Congratulations Junior groomlake on the swimming and school, well done [Y][H]

And of course good job on doing well in college groomlakette, growing up can be a pain in the butt sometimes, I fight it everyday.

Really just a little time with my daughters. Oldest had to work but had a good time with youngest we went to see borther and his girlfriend and then went to see Grandma Norma (Dad's fiancee - she got her engagement ring same weekend Dawn got hers, Dad and Norma never got married so step mom for over 20 years, even after Dad passed away, just no officially).

Norma recently had a couple of small strokes and is in alzheimer's unit of nursing home about 15 - 20 miles from where she, her daugheter, and my brother lives. So took her a root beer float and talked for a while. Her doctors said the meds should give here about one good year.

Then we went to play miniature golf at an old campground place with miniature golf from the 60's or 70's. Much cooler than today's. As it was getting late we ate with Mike and Mary on the way home and was hoping to eat wtih Elyse and play some corn hole once Elyse got off of work.

I told them if they get me anything, to get me a Timex Expedition to replace the one I"ve had for well over a decade.

Basic black, replaced the fabric velcro wrap strap several times.

So they got me a much prettier Timex Ironman with metal (I'd like to think stainless steel) bracelet and a wii game collection that inculde darts, pop-a-shot, air hocky, and skee ball. Should be fun playing that with the kids and son in law who joins the family Friday afternoon.

FathersDay2011_IronmanWii.jpg

Hopefully this one will survive a few trips in the Atlantic and above ground steel and vinyl pond as did the old one. And the band should dry quicker after a quick rinse after a day at the beach or some time in Poolzilla.

I did call my Dad Sunday. We talked for more than an hour. Very nice.

On Father's Day I was neck deep in my AC unit trying to figure out why the compressor was only humming and me an my family were sweating profusely. Needless to say I forgot to call my Dad. I talked to him on Monday and he forgave me. for my oversight

Way to go with the McIntosh preamp.

Bill

I'm going to assume that you got your A/C issues worked out. Let's hope so with the temperatures that we've been seeing lately here in Central FL.

If not give me a call. There was a point in my life where I did that sort of thing for a living. I might be able to point you in the right direction.

I'm going to assume that you got your A/C issues worked out. Let's hope so with the temperatures that we've been seeing lately here in Central FL.

Dual capacitor on condenser unit was shot. $165.95(not bad price) later and it is freezing in the house. Last night I did not have to peel my skin off of my sheets like the night before.

Thanks for the offer.

Bill