Forum member instructing my son on guns

USNRET

Mikey and Gents, your all too kind. It has been a great ride, been very fortunate, you have hit almost all my hobbys. Guns, certified NRA Instructure (pistol, rifle, shot gun), cigars, good sounding audio equipment, used to race my Porsche (too old for that now), some know of my other hobby, won't mention.

Comfortable home, killer view and lots of critters.

Anyone is welcome anytime.

Respectfully

CB

CB,

A friend of mine at work and I have been trying to figure out the make/model of the .22 (looks like a .22..., could be a .17). Can you enlighten us?

I learned on a Winchester Model 92, .22 shorts only. Pump with an octagonal barrel. I have one and my brother has one. I think mine was made around 1911.

Bruce

Shame you don't still have the Model 92, worth some bucks if in good shape.

Not sure how I can help with the make and model, look on the barrel close to the breech, should have the cal,/make/model.

Let me know if I can be any further assistance.

CB

Shame you don't still have the Model 92, worth some bucks if in good shape.

Oh, I still have the Winchester, but I had the model wrong. It is a Model 90., .22 pump with a tube feed. Shorts only.

It would be worth more money if my grandfather hadn't revarnished the stock and used some steel wool on the bluing. If it was in great shape, it would be worth between $600-$2000. Mine would be on the bottom end of the scale, I wold think. I think he paid between $15 to $20 for it when he got it. He got a second one trading out some work. He gave one to me and one to my brother. I've tried to get the one from my brother over the years, but he never gives me an answer. He may have sold it and just doesn't want to tell me... [;)]

This one isn't mine, but looks the same.

Bruce

post-7149-13819659071694_thumb.jpg