Alternate to Rc-7?

WeebMan

About the "cheesy photo" comment(which I did not make), most on this forum do not have an avatar of themselves "posing" so it does kind of open oneself up for a tiny bit of ribbing. I don't think any real harm was intended.

Bill

You got me wondering if I should change mine now...

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the "cheesy photo" comment(which I did not make), most on this forum do not have an avatar of themselves "posing" so it does kind of open oneself up for a tiny bit of ribbing. I don't think any real harm was intended.

Bill

You got me wondering if I should change mine now...

I wasn't going to say anything[;)].

• Moderators

Most of you are either too young or weren't part of the early internet. Back then we didn't have forums.

I'm 35 and I remember when the internet was beginning to hit mainstream. We had good ole' dialup using a 2400 baud rate model with a whopping download rate of 2.4 kbit/s and those fancy things we called Bulletin Boards. Now we are downloading at speeds up to 40 mbp. I don't even want to try and do the math to figure out how much faster that is. [:P] We sure have come a long way.

Youthman....im 35 as well but I figured you had a few years on me. No offense of course but maybe your name through me off? I do remember newsgroups. Of course my interactions with those were from fantasy baseball and the like. BTW is that you wake boarding? I just started this year and it's super fun. Ive been a snowboarder since the begining (about 7 or 8 I guess) so wake boarding seemed like an easier option than water sking!

• Moderators

Youthman....im 35 as well but I figured you had a few years on me. No offense of course but maybe your name through me off?

Haha, no offense taken. I'm a Youth Pastor (thus Youthman).

BTW is that you wake boarding?

Yes, that is me in my avatar. We visited a friend of mine last month and went out on his boat. He had just added a tower so we wanted to see if we could catch a little air. That was the first weekend I've ever actually landed a jump. I guess it makes a difference when the boat is pulling you up instead of pulling you down.

I was even able to do a wake to wake this time which was sweet. I took 5 consecutive photos and made a composite image of them all together.

I did another composite last winter at Snowshoe, WV. I was learning to snowboard so I decided to jump a ramp and have my son take photos. If you look closely in the photos, I hit the ramp MUCH faster than I thought and was MUCH higher than I had anticipated. My face screams "Uh oh...this is gonna hurt". Needless to say....I didn't totally land that one but the photo came out great. Haha

composite.jpg

Great thread, and discussion! One thing that came to mind as the differing points of view were being discussed is that Klipsch may have made the 64 in response to it being very difficult to find a TV stand that will accommodate the RC7. I know that I could not find one, therefore I had to mount my RC7 above my tv. Of course, this is just speculation on my part, I did NOT call Klipsch. LOL!!

I'd like to thank everyone that contributed to this long and confusing thread. I'm in the market for a nice center channel, and I figure I should have one snapped up before most people finish the thread and can bid against me.

My own experience with a center channel is that in a home theater setting, and that can be just any old livingroom with a TV and speakers, the left and right speakers have to blend with the center. Sound sources in movies move, and even fairly subtle changes in the tone as the source moves, or if the perceived location of the source aurally isn't matching visually, it is a distraction I find unacceptable. I don't care about what was packaged with what system, in my house it simply has to work or its not staying.

The centers are designed as a compromise for picky wives wives and furniture restrictions. 3 of the same speakers across the front always trumps a timbre/series matched center - it's just rarely practical.

To be clear that state is personal opinion. I couldn't disagree more.

I've only gotten to page 3 but the placement issue is the reason that center channels were developed compared to using 3 identical speakers up front.

If you ever have any technical questions you should feel free to call Klipsch. I have a couple times and Emotiva as well. They are happy to help.Yes

Who at Klipsch told you that a designed center channel was sonically better than a third identical speaker up front? [^o)]

I'd like to thank everyone that contributed to this long and confusing thread. I'm in the market for a nice center channel, and I figure I should have one snapped up before most people finish the thread and can bid against me.

My own experience with a center channel is that in a home theater setting, and that can be just any old livingroom with a TV and speakers, the left and right speakers have to blend with the center. Sound sources in movies move, and even fairly subtle changes in the tone as the source moves, or if the perceived location of the source aurally isn't matching visually, it is a distraction I find unacceptable. I don't care about what was packaged with what system, in my house it simply has to work or its not staying.

I couldn't agree more and fwiw, Klipsch designs it's Home Theater Packages to be voice-matched and timbre consistent. Insofar as what you say about "sources in movies," the same can be said about what people appreciate in Music. Sound waves travel in a predictable pattern regardless what the source is and the better the speaker the better the presentation. Imo, the main difference lies in what people choose (or are willing to accept) for side surrounds and that is usually where folks make compromises. My 2 cents.