The King of DIY

Didn't know where else to post this but I thought it may interest a few DIY's like myself.

This is totally for anyone that is interested in DIY equipment whether it be speakers or equipment. I ran across this guy (Erik) the other day when I was researching a WAD 300B PP kit (my first dive into tubes) and his stuff is soooooo far over the top it just takes your breath away. The craftsmanship that he puts into each piece he builds is purely incredible. IMO he goes way to fay on many things that most consider negligible to the sound quality but if money is NO object in a build, he certainly achieves that!

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11349

Be patient and scroll down through the threads and you will start to see what he is doing, starting with a speaker build. Hr is purely a craftsman with wood and metal and uses the best that can be purchased for the internal workings. Enjoy....!

Went through all 19 pages and the Dutch site. No, I do not read Dutch but the pictures are unbelievable

All I can say is DAY-UM. WOW... just WOW.

Incredible skills right there. He needs to be doing R&D or design work for someone in the high end audio business

The funny thing about the CD Transport.....It is out of a $50.00 Bom Box. Sometimes you find the best in the cheapest, even though he probably invested 10K for all the other components that make it work.

His work is truly amazing.

There are several other links to his work and I will see if i can find them.

I would give the crown to Roberto Delle Curt................www.royaldevice.com

his whole basement is a pair of concrete sub horns to 10 hz. with 8 18" woofers in each throat. Built his own amps, speakers and ROOM. The whole house is a tweaked hi fi room. His sound principles are sound and they agree with much of what PWK has said about efficiency-distortion relationship.