Heresy, Best Bookshelf Ever Made?

russ69

It's been a long time but as I sit here and listen to my Heresy 3s I have to think about the bookshelf speakers of my day. The Large Advent, Infinity 1001a, and the AR3a. I liked my 1001As quite a lot but the bass region was the only place they were good.. Is the Heresy the best bookshelf ever?

• Moderators

They might not be the best but probably the longest lifespan bookshelf, no reason to do anything for at least 20 years. Recap the crossover and they would be good for another 20, really cheap in the long run. [Y]

I would like to hear the Palladium bookshelf's, never did. I did like the Advents, only had the baby Advents, walking through sears one day and seen a pair on a table in the aisle with a sign "marked down". Found a manager he said they were returned because they didn't have enough bass and he just wanted to get rid of them, $30. [Y]

Is the Heresy the best bookshelf ever?

I prefer the Frazier Mk IV by a narrow, but definite margin. As I've stated here before it is my belief that PWK developed the Heresy specifically in response to Jack Frazier's Mk IV. He told me that Jack was the only other designer he fully respected.

Dave

Hi Neil

One of the long term projects that I have real close to finishing.The wheels are Panasports on the 1970 Elan Coupe. There is no stereo in the Elan though, there is too much other ambiant noise in the 1600 pound Coupe for me. The engine is a 1700 cc Twin Cam that has been built to produce 160 hp. Should be entertaining when done. Until then I think I'll turn up the Cornwalls a bit...

If it will fit, It's a Book shelf speaker. Currently have a pair of Beovox S75's set side ways in book shelf. They stick out on both sides but they fit. Sound pretty good for bookshelf speakers too. Tried another pair that had to be set on top of book shelf. Took both my wife and I to put them up there. Too close to the ceiling and poor speakers. Sounded like something I once stepped in, or was it bose. I was always afraid that if something shook the house and they fell, injury might occur. [^o)]

The first time I ever heard Heresies was in 1982 and they were indeed on a bookshelf in a dorm. They were being powered by a JVC receiver, and they were the most awasome sounding little speakers I had ever heard. I now have a pair and they are on a bookshelf. I really would like to enter my vote. +1 they are the best bookshelf speaker!

Those are some beautiful cars. Here is my latest. Bought this 68 Camaro SS for $19.8K two weeks agoIMG_0529.jpg. It is the only old car I have with A/C.