GUITAR

BigStewMan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're a talented guy--have you built a guitar before or is this the first one? I have good ideas; but, whenever i pick up tools something goes wrong. finish that Tele and show it to us. Had a 76 Tele Thinline semi-hollowbody--so regret getting rid of it. Gave it to my brother when i moved away, he needed money a few years later and asked if he could sell it--i said yes. Now, I wish i had it back.

Maybe someday ill come across a good deal...

At the time I got the Taylor, I paid $1000. To replace it would be really expensive since they don't make the Florentine cutaways anymore, only the Venetian. This one has some custom inlays in it too.

Sounds sweet!

Bruce

i really like the Taylor T5--comfortable to play and great sound. A bit expensive though--i think Guitar Center sells it for over three grand.

In the meantime, I got my Yamaha acoustic and Gretsch electric. Someday I'll get a Gibson es-175--something about that old guitar that i just love.

Wish I could play

Everyone in my Family wishes I could play, instead I just annoy the helll out of everyone. Not even the dogs will sit next to me out side while I strum on my over priced Martin. I've gone through several dvd lessons, but I guess I should either burn the guitar or pay good money and watch a guitar instructor cry.

Someday I'll get a Gibson es-175--something about that old guitar that i just love.

Here you go, not as expensive as the T5.

http://elderly.com/vintage/items/40U-5054.htm Bruce

Thanks Bruce, I'll have to remember that website--that 175 is a beautiful instrument. if I hadn't just spent $1138 on a catalytic converter last Friday--I'd be halfway there. Steve

Wish I could play

Everyone in my Family wishes I could play, instead I just annoy the helll out of everyone. Not even the dogs will sit next to me out side while I strum on my over priced Martin. I've gone through several dvd lessons, but I guess I should either burn the guitar or pay good money and watch a guitar instructor cry.

Hey Gil--Maybe that is just "Your" sound. Be a trendsetter--music is of course very subjective. To quote my favorite (Brian May) "being in the studio is like a blank canvas, we could make whatever we wanted." getting people to pay money for your sound is something completely different. I can't help you there--you'll have to talk to the rich guys on the forum....where's dtel when you need him? Steve

I really love my Alvarez 12-String acoustic. It is well-made, reasonably -priced and has good intonation. I only wish I could play better than I do. -Glenn

12 strings!!! you ahole Wink, I can't even deal with 6.

Gil: Yep! That's me; the 12-stringed A-hole! :) -Glenn