My nephew plays grunge

Jeff Matthews

• Moderators

Watched a few of his videos, he is good, I would like to hear him play something without back round music, or a little lower at least so you can hear him more.

Sounds like disco......on speed......I'm just getting old I guess. [sn]

The view count is growing fast, and CBS News' site gave him some brief coverage and compliments.

Funny, but I can't say I'm too surprised. I was visiting him this past weekend, and I was showing him a few cool tunes on Youtube (I like the old stuff, like Deep Purple's "Painter"). Then, he started showing me his latest effort (the one that is this video).

I asked him if he wrote the guitar line by himself (I knew he did). Then, I told him put it on Youtube, but don't give his name.

So, the video seems it is taking off. I hope he gets a break. All he seems to want to do is play that guitar. As everyone knows, that can only be a good thing for a very few. He's a good kid. He needs to find a way to make a living at it, because he's so caught in it he isn't going to be looking to make a living anywhere else. It's like, "When are you going to get a job or go to school or something?"

Anyway, so I see CBS picked it up. I told my brother to tell my nephew to stay anonymous a little longer. Jokingly, I told him if anyone asks, just tell them his name is Sikh Shredder. [;)]

• Moderators

Watched a few of his videos, he is good

Do tell where you found more vids from him.

Thats really cool Jeff. Best of luck to him.

The other videos were on that page with the first video, he was not playing on the video like the other, I think he was singing on one, I think mixing songs on another, a bunch of different stuff, one even had a bunch of models with power tools [:P], they get kind of crazy some of them. I just clicked on one of his vids and found more with his name on each page. Untill I got burned out, about 15 min.

The other videos were on that page with the first video, he was not playing on the video like the other, I think he was singing on one, I think mixing songs on another, a bunch of different stuff, one even had a bunch of models with power tools Stick out tongue, they get kind of crazy some of them. I just clicked on one of his vids and found more with his name on each page. Untill I got burned out, about 15 min.

I only see one vid with Benzo1hoe

The other videos were on that page with the first video, he was not playing on the video like the other, I think he was singing on one, I think mixing songs on another, a bunch of different stuff, one even had a bunch of models with power tools Stick out tongue, they get kind of crazy some of them. I just clicked on one of his vids and found more with his name on each page. Untill I got burned out, about 15 min.

Benny benassi or however you spell it is the artist that made the original track that Skrillex remixed that was then played by Jeff's nephew.

• Moderators

Benny benassi or however you spell it is the artist that made the original track that Skrillex remixed that was then played by Jeff's nephew.

I see that now, i was thrown off by this, ''Guitar Mimic of Cinema By Benny Benassi/ (Skrillex Remix) ''

And this , Benny Benassi/ (Skrillex Remix) - Cinema Guitar Mimic Cover

Someone also had a comment and called him ben and when I seen the name benny Benassi I thought it was the same person, until I went looking and found this and he didn't look old enough to be the same person, came back here and everyone had figured it out already [:S]

Sorry my mystake, thought he was that Benassi guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_Benassi

Still that video with the girls and power tools was worth watching even without the sound on ! I went back looking for it and couldn't find it ?