Paul Wilbur Klipsch 1904-2002

I only gotten my first set of Klipsch a mere 2 years ago (the ProMedia V2.400 for one of my computers) Just this past month, I did an upgrade to my entire HT, putting Klispch Reference all the way around, so I am still fairly new to Klipsch products, but they truly sound awesome!

Depsite only having anything with the Klispch name in my house for a mere two years, I already feel I have a piece of him here in my home. I was sadden to hear he passed away and my condolances to the family, employees and fans of the Klipsch company and products. PWK was the same age as my grandfather was when he passed away. However, Paul's legacy will live on every time I and everybody else here plays something through thier beloved klipsch speakers, be it a set of ProMedia V2.400s all the way up to the mighty Klipschorns. If there can be anything good out of this, Mr. Paul W Klipsch lived a long, wonderful, prosperous life. He, through his engineering magic and the company he founded, enriched many of our own lives. I sure wish I can aspire to do the same - perhaps I am with my software engineering skills in defense projects to help keep this great country of ours safe.

Long Live Klipsch! May his soul rest in peace.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802

RF-3II (Front)

RC-3II (Center)

RC-3II (Rear)

RS-3II (A surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - recycled)

32 inch Sharp (TV)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

klipsch_paul.jpg

"Mrs. Valerie Klipsch requests that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to the Paul Klipsch Scholarship Fund at New Mexico State University."

http://www.nmsu.edu/~ucomm/Releases/Klipsch_obit.html

In-kind giving

To donate books, equipment, or other classroom or laboratory supplies, please contact mhaley@nmsu.edu or:

Jay B. Jordan, Dean

College of Engineering

New Mexico State University

Box 30001 Dept. 3449

Las Cruces, NM 88003

(505) 646-2914

engrdean@nmsu.edu

I was fortunate enough to meet the man few years back. I asked him what the optimum room size would be for my speaker setup...He reached in his pocket, pulled out a pen and began manually calculating numbers. Mind you, this was a man in his 90's. He was utterly fascinating in the brief time I talked with him,then, I couldn't imagine the intellect while in his prime.

He was kind enough to sign all of my speaker grills that day, I will cherish them forever.

------------------

Sony555ES

KLF30 mains

C7 center

KSF-S5 rears

Def Tech PF15TL+ Sub

Mitsu DVD

Yamaha CD

Mitsu VHS

Mr. Klipsch was an audio genius, and has made us all believers in his extraordinary speakers..he made us question our other components, always searching for a source worthy of his fine products!

Listening to music has been one of my lifelong hobbies, and I'd like to join others here in thanking PWK for allowing me to get as close to possible to the artists via his creations. Thank you Paul, for my wonderful Klipschorn speakers. They're for life.

My sincere condolences to your family.

Steve

------------------

Happiness is coming

Knew about the death of PWK only today.

Yes, me too I'm feeling like I've lost a relative.

Tonight my KHorns will play "Marcia Funebre per la Morte di un Eroe" from Beethoven's Third.

It seems to me the right music to remember him.

We will miss him deeply.

Mauro

Becky and I were deeply saddened by Paul's passing.Even when you are aware that it is coming, it still doesn't make it any easier.

He is in a far better place now.

Becky and I will always cherish the times we got to spend with him, just talking about what ever came to mind.

Audio was just a tip of the knowlage this wonderful man had.A true genius that few in this world can claim.

A Legend that will

be remembered

and never

forgotten

already posted a note to miss valerie,just found out about mr. paul...DEFINITELY will get the biography, i'll probably regret not having met him in person, but will get to know who he was better.

as i did for a close friend who suddenly passed away, and who also was from arkansas,Zebra:lullabye will play on my klipsches this pm, and i will try not to cry. thanks mr.paul-God bless all who will miss you.

Klipsch-THE legend in sound!!

avman.

edit: they play horns in heaven, they will play even better now.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 6000 HD sat rcvr w/digital off-air tuner

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

Natuzzi red leather furniture set

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

This message has been edited by avman on 05-07-2002 at 03:21 PM

Im so sorry to hear the news... PWK Thanks for everything

I only got into audio in the last few yeas and

only own some of the newer stuff but I seen and read

so much about him and almost feel as if i lost a friend

even though i never met him.. Esp in recent with HDBR's storys

and just the tight following of all of us for his acomplishments..

He did what alot could only hope to do and he will always

be remembered in my mind.

Sincerely Daryl Gregg

------------------

Thanks,

Daryl Gregg cwm12.gif

MY Home Theatre Page

Sony STR-DE975 HT Reciever

Sony DVP-NS400D DVD

SB-3 Mains

SC-1 Center

Quintet Rears

KSW-12 Sub

AR Proseries Interconects

This message has been edited by QUiKSR20 on 05-07-2002 at 04:04 PM

Although the fifth of May was a bright sunshiny day that found me among friends in beautiful surroundings... but for some unknown reason... I was sad. I have just returned to learn of the passing on that day of Mr. Paul. And so, in his honor do my Klipschorn's lead the other Heritages of his design... in solemn homage to the man who became an institution.

Now more than ever, Tony, do I appreciate the autographed copies that reflect his life's work in so many fields. It is fitting that his alma mater receive funds in lieu of flowers... for it is there that the name and spirit of Paul W. Klipsch will inspire successive generations of engineers to aspire to the greatness and be intolerant of BS.

The seeds that Mr. Paul planted in so many people in so many ways makes the celebration of his life extend far beyond the profound sadness that so many of us now know.

He not only excelled at the patent office... he also provided a living example that an honest attempt beats a yellow button any day of the week. And now, we each have the responsibility to capture his spirit that we may enrich our daily lives... and the lives of those whom we touch. -HornED

Pic5.jpg

How saddened am I! I have been so busy lately that I have not even been able to check things out on the forum. With a little free time this evening, I decided to check and see what was going on. I was utterly suprised to see the first page come up in memory of PWK. I am at a loss for words to express my sorrow for the passing of an audio legend.

It is with great happiness though, that I was fortunate enough to meet the man at the book signing only a few short weeks ago. Even at 98 he had a ear and a joy for music as was seen at their house with clasical coming out of a pair of Klipschorns.

I would like to take this time to say a heart felt thank you for the hospitality of the Klipsch family that day, and to say that I regret the passing of this wonderful man. May GOD shine down on their family durring this emotional time.

Farewell and GOD BLESS!

To say I am crushed by this news is an understatement. I have been so busy lately that I haven't even been able to check this board. I have been in Myrtle Beach for the last 4 days playing some golf and decided to check the board this evening. I am in a state of shock but really shouldn't be. He was 98 years old and I knew he was sick to boot. He just seemed so much larger than life that I thought he was invincible. Even the legends have to go at solme time.

I am so thankful that Rob (Jhawk92) was able to get me a signed copy of his book. That book means so much to me. I was never fortunate enough to meet the man but will always have his book to remind me how great a person he was. I am almost done reading it and will probably read it again when I'm thru.

I am so grateful to have heard that first pair of Belle's back in 1978 and to have had the opportunity to own many pairs of Klipsch speakers. They are the first of many for me. My condolences go out to Miss Valerie and the rest of the Klipsch family. He will be sorely missed but will continue to provide happiness the world over...

Mike

Long Live Klipsch!

I have never heard a review so glowing given to a loudspeaker by the very conservative Julian Hirsch of all my years of reading Stereo Review to one speaker called the Klispch Forte (not the no. 2 version). It made me a Klipsch fan (I should say freak) from that day on. Anyone who knows Mr. Hirsch knows how conservative he is on praising any speaker so this was really something! Nuf' said!

Thanks Paul, for a piece of real Americana! You're up there like another piece of Americana, Harley's!

Nelson wishing they would remake the Klipsch Forte I again! Now that's a REAL speaker!

This message has been edited by CatManFever on 05-08-2002 at 03:40 AM

My condolences to the Klipsch family, it is truly a sad time. I thank you Mr. Klipsch, for the wonderful light you have brought this world. You will truly be missed, but will live on with all of us who will cherish your sound forever. The world has lost a truly remarkable man.

God Bless You, RIP.

I too was saddened by the news of the passing of Paul Klipsch. He will leave a void that may never be filled. The best way to pay homage to this great man is to play music through the one thing that binds us all together, our Klipsch speakers. Since the service will be on friday how fitting it would be for all the Klipschers to crank up their systems and send Paul off in fashion.

God has plans for Paul, now when you hear the thunder it will sound like real thunder.

RIP PWK

------------------

Jim

Today, as Mr. Paul's remains are interred, it gladdens my heart a bit to know that my very best friend from all the way back to high school is to be one of Mr. Paul's pallbearers. He worked so very closely with Mr. Paul in the recent development of the Jubilee, and he and Mr. Paul got to know and respect each other in ways that few have ever had the opportunity to do. I take this moment to thank Mrs. Valerie for selecting him to give this final honor to Mr. Paul.

In my heart, I know that from now on, when those saints come marching in, it will be to music coming from something Mr. Paul has, himself, set up.

As I recently told Mrs. Valerie in an e-mail giving my condolescenses:

"...I find it strange that I feel no need to pray for his soul. This lack of need on my behalf is due to my feeling that Mr. Paul was the finest of men with only the best of intentions throughout his life, and this in itself guarantees his entrance into an eternity of happiness, without any needed help from my prayers to influence God in His decision."

Mr. Paul...go with God...and when you get there, show Him what it is SUPPOSED to sound like!! See ya on the other side!

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

Work has put me out of town and away from the board for a week and a half. What can I say, I never met PWK but somehow felt and still feel a bond with him through his creations. I still have a smile on my face from 1973,the first time I heard a pair of Klipshorns.

A final salute and genuine thank you Mr. Klipsch.

My sympathy to Miss Valarie and family.

Stig