92" tv...NUTSSSSS

SuBXeRo

I have a 65" Mitsubishi diamond dlp that I love. I will be buying either the 82" or the 92" to replace it this Christmas. I just have to go see the two in person, I am a little worried about brightness and picture quality with going with such large TVs. That picture sold mr on the idea wuzzzer, it makes my 65 look tiny haha

I like how the pictures make the thing look like a flat panel lcd or plasma when it's actually 25 inches deep! I would love to get away from the projector thing and it seems TV manufactorers are starting to get closer to competeing with projectors in size. If they had a flat panel tv in this size that was say $3k or less I would be all over it.

• Moderators

[:(]

I have the 65" version of that TV. I saw that the 92" version came out. That is huge! Interesting pic comparing the size of my 65" to the 92"

458123686_2?$vdc_large_image$

Now my 65 looks tiny looking at that pic. [:(]

That's a pretty nice set, especially once you get about 15 foot away. Any closer and the reduced edge brightness becomes a bit of an issue, but it's quite impressive, especially for the price.

That's a pretty nice set, especially once you get about 15 foot away. Any closer and the reduced edge brightness becomes a bit of an issue, but it's quite impressive, especially for the price.

The best part of that TV is that it shows us how close we

are to getting to 70+ tvs for a really good price. I’m probably going to wait

and see what comes next. But that TV came out in May 2011 so maybe around April

2012 that TV might dip under 2k. If it does I might buy it.

The best part of that TV is that it shows us how close we
are to getting to 70+ tvs for a really good price. I’m probably going to wait
and see what comes next. But that TV came out in May 2011 so maybe around April
2012 that TV might dip under 2k. If it does I might buy it.

Yes.....and no.

Yes, we are getting bigger and bigger sets by the day, with very respectable performance, especially at the "mid line" price points.

But the high end, manufacturers seem only willing to go so far. See AVS forum regarding the Pioneer Kuro plasma sets - a level of performance not seen in current machines, because of what that performance does to the price.

See also how few LED sets have true line array with local dimming and you'll see how rare the best performance is. Most companies don't even offer it, I think only three exist in current production. We should be seeing an increase in the use of this method, but don't.

That said, the "MIDLINE" machines are very encouraging, and get better and better each day. But I'm already seeing attempts to level off the performance curve and just try to make sets cheaper.....a phenonemon that is occurring much too soon given the relative infancy of HDTV.