Look what I got for Christmas!! Show off your gifts here!!

themrclean

Not much I can do about the sofa in the short term though.

anyone who doesn't have a basement and an open budget is pretty much going to have to make sacrifices in gear choices, layout, etc. I think moving that center speaker up will mitigate any major ill effects the sofa has on sound. Very nice looking RF-7's, btw.

Hmmmm...I actually think basements are diifficult.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I still have the option of hardwood or carpet.

IMO, I would not go with hardwood in a HT. Too much hard surfce causes some very nasty reflections and echoes. My room has carpet and I still need to add acoustic panels to tame the slap echo that I have.

I agree with Youthman carpet is best for sound.The downside is wood is great for everything else.I also prefer a cathedral ceiling in a room, nothing scientific just the best rooms I ever had were.I'm sure a basement can work fine when treated but it's not the only way to have a great room.

Not sure what you mean. Care to explain

I still have the option of hardwood or carpet.

Which would you recommend, the media room is also in the basement

i was saying that just about all of us have to make exeptions in our listening/viewing setups and layouts and I presume that only people you see featured in magazines or HT sites who had a ton of cash and a basement or spare garage to convert don't have to deal with such human issues. Basically, don't feel bad about what you cant change in your current setup, since we all have to make choices in what to sacrifice.

I have been on this site for several months as a newbie to HT and 2 channel audio. I have had systems in the past, but never put much thought into them. If they made noise, I was happy. I mainly used them for HT and not much music. Since I got my Klipsch, I have been interested in the topic of amps. I wanted to really know if they made a difference in sound quality. I purchased a Yamaha M 70 amp and intergated it into my system. It is a vintage amp in mint condition. The amp is 200 w/c at 8 ohms RMS. Everything on the amp works and the SQ is excellent. The speakers are dead silent between songs, even with my ear up to the speakers. Before Klipsch, 90/10 HT, now 60/40. Thanks to this forum and the members shared knowledge, I might become an audiophile want to be. This hobby is already getting expensive, lol.

mine arrived on my porch today and it's killing me having to wait. Oaudio 500w plate amp, fiskars x27 splitting axe, and fiskars x7 hatchet (with matching blade sharpner to make it a trio).

Then there's the paint, moulding, carpet cleaning, fixtures, all new appliances, and other crap required for moving into a new 30 yr old house that are necessities but not nearly as fun xmas gifts.

used the hatchet to break up some small logs for kindling last night - like butta! going to my folks this evening to show off the big brother 36" axe to my dad and pick up a chopping stump for splitting, as I have yet to fell any trees on my property.

How big is your chopping stump or how big would be, I always liked chopping wood. I don't have a fire place now but do a have fire pit in the backyard. I always found chopping wood a good exercise.