Fine Food and Music

Boxx

That's not a pan that's a stone. They are awesome.

Correct...put it in about 1/2 hour before the pizza. Makes for a nice crispy crust, if that is the desired outcome, which for me it is with a thin crust pizza.

• Like 1

Correct...put it in about 1/2 hour before the pizza. Makes for a nice crispy crust, if that is the desired outcome, which for me it is with a thin crust pizza.

Very well seasoned.....

Very well seasoned.....

We have several of them. Cleaned one once in a self-cleaning oven. Came out like new, but then cracked shortly thereafter. Kind of like a good old skillet, which I can tell you a real interesting story and marketing idea. My wife sells on Ebay. Sold several skillets and Kraft/Velveeta bought one last month and sent it back to her with an apron, a box of Velveeta Cheesy Skillets and a letter telling her she doesn't have to sell her skillet..keep it and use it for Velveeta Cheesy Skillets. whatmyskilletisfor.com They bought up over a thousand skillets and sent them back to the sellers. mmm...Liquid Gold!

Great activity here guys! Nice cheesy pizza too ! :emotion-21:

I have some pepper photos I am organizing for you... Something you DO NOT want to attempt indoors! (I've learned a lesson!)

..........g

Hello foodie friends!

Ok, let's start out with that 16oz. bag of dried Thai chile peppers... Put them in a food processor, and in my case, brought the bowl to the grill side counter.... Here, they are in the sauté pan, ready to hit the side burner....d5923ad86b3053108ee94eb19547f8ba_zps2cfd

Here, the dry roasting begins on a high heat!! I will tell you, even though I tried to avoid breathing the smoke, I was still at the will of the light breezes and got my nasal passeges and LUNGS burned !! Don't try this indoors, it would be a disaster, trust me!!c41d58ff36395129d4da7f80444ad66c_zps19f5

The pan on left shows the desired amount of roasting..... I did NOT feel well after doing this!, but the flavor of this special Thai crushed red pepper is beyond compare ((0; This condiment is on my table and a small bottle is in my lunch box, they get used daily...

Side note...... When I washed the components ie, processor bowls and pans, I used cool water so there would be NO oil fumes in steamy rinse water.... But that did not mater, for some reason, the capsaicin oils still went into the air in the kitchen, and burned my lungs once again...... I need to rethink the procedure for the next roasting adventure.

How I got the idea to do this?? I always ask for anything they can bring from the kitchen (at many restaurants) to heat up a dish a bit more then would normally be delivered to our table... In a certain Thai restaurant up town, they brought a bowl of roasted crushed red, and I fell in love with it (0: And so, this pushed me to make my own...

If there are true 'chilie' heads in this group, you would surely love the flavor and kick this can add to your dishes ((0;

........g 3a0702db6d8d6f00853254fc8382d66d_zps453b

Edited by Tigerman